Ur Valuable suggestion on Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iflexsol

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be in Cancun Jun 24-27. Staying at Grand Melia with a non-diving wife and 4yr old and 6 month old.
Looking for suggestions on:
1. Can I go to COZ make a dive and be back by noon? I don't want leave them alone for more than 1/2 day.
2. Good dive sites and ops in CAN/COZ. If CAN close to the hotel.

Thanks
KK

Going to Cozumel and getting back by noon is highly unlikely.
There is plenty of fantastic diving in Cancun. A few nice wrecks that are diver friendly.

I just got back from cancun and coz, and dove both. You can get a taxi to playa del carmen, about a 30 minute ride, take a boat to cozumel, about 30 mins., they leave on the hour. We left on the 8am boat, dive from 9am two tank dive til about noon or 12:30 and catch the boat at 1pm you will be back about 2pm. It was worth it. Cancun had very strong surge and a lot lower visibility. Cozumel was beautiful.

I like the diving in Cancun, 2 nice wrecks and many nice reefs Aristos and Herradura are my favorites.

A mad dash to coz is possible,but I often find myself in your position,best to stay close for afternoon family activities.

I always dive with Manta divers in Cancun,mantadivers.com,they have a 9:00 departure two tank every day,usually back for lunch with those non-divers.

I also used Manta Divers while in Cancun. They just opened a new shop recently. I thought they were very good. If you use them, make sure you get Miguel as your Divemaster/Instructor. Not a bad guy however i'm not sure if he is still there, that was 2 years ago.

About Cozumel, if you end up taking the ferry from Playa del Carmen, it will probably end up being an all day trip.

iflexsol:
I'll be in Cancun Jun 24-27. Staying at Grand Melia with a non-diving wife and 4yr old and 6 month old.
Looking for suggestions on:
1. Can I go to COZ make a dive and be back by noon? I don't want leave them alone for more than 1/2 day.
2. Good dive sites and ops in CAN/COZ. If CAN close to the hotel.

Thanks
KK

HONESTLY, we are talking "Mexican time"-no way you can go to Coz and be back in Cancun by noon!
Try Nautilus Divers in Cancun- ask for Octavio. He is great.
www.divingincancun.com Many very nice reefs in Cancun-lots of sealife.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom