UPPER KEYS diving, wed 7/16/14, pics,,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
skill enhancement day underwater offshore key largo this AM. despite an inaccurate marine forecast(much higher winds/seas) we ventured out once again to attempt a few wreck dives. no such luck, a wicked NE current present once again(stronger than yesterday, all deep mooring buoys underwater) so we decided to stay close to home. only one commercial vessel moored @ MOLASSES REEF for the 1st dive and zero the second, the majority dove north @ FRENCH reef/BENWOOD wreck. as the day before, we elected to enjoy blue water/solitude and work with the currents. 2 new buoys today. abundant sunshine, SW winds 10-14KTS, 2FT seas. #1: buoy M3(deep south), kickass current, blue water viz 60FT, 86F @ 20-30FT, numerous coral structures to avoid the flow, colorful/vibrant/ beautiful section of reef. repositioned far north for the second dive to minimize the current. # 2: M10(northstar), dusty blue viz decreasing to 50FT, 86F @ 25-43FT. nurse sharks, green turtles, huge tarpon, snook. timg provides the captures,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 91
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 86
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 89
  • m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 75
  • m5.jpg
    m5.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 84
  • m6.jpg
    m6.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 77
  • m7.jpg
    m7.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 91
  • m8.jpg
    m8.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 77
  • m9.jpg
    m9.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 75
  • m10.jpg
    m10.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 80
  • m11.jpg
    m11.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 80
  • m12.jpg
    m12.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 80
a few more,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• m13.jpg
    m13.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 67
  • m14.jpg
    m14.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 66
  • m15.jpg
    m15.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 63
northern deep molasses mooring buoy this morning,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• m16.jpg
    m16.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 154
Great pics in challenging conditions! I especially love #7 - the positioning of the photo with the sun is very tastefully done :D

Great pictures, thanks for sharing them.

What does it look like for weather/winds/waves this time of year in Key Largo? Was thinking of coming down first week in August. I was told things were much calmer in August than when I was last there in Early April.

Thanks for any and all info.

Best,
-Tim

Great pictures, thanks for sharing them.

What does it look like for weather/winds/waves this time of year in Key Largo? Was thinking of coming down first week in August. I was told things were much calmer in August than when I was last there in Early April.

Thanks for any and all info.

Best,
-Tim

Thank you Tim.
Spring can be quite windy, no doubt about it. August is nice, sometimes there is a bit of tropical activity, but usually a good month here. Enjoy your visit!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom