6/7/10 Days Diving SE Florida, the best dives along the coast to sample SE Florida? and Dive clubs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@scubadada and @Trailboss123 thank you for taking the time out to provide such thoughtful and informative posts. I think we will split our dives into a couple of different places with the suggested diveops as well as the BHB. We are looking at Oct 17-24. It looks like we will miss the Goliath aggregation and some of the Loggerheads, but it sounds like plenty to see. Dying for my vacation!

@scubadada and @Trailboss123 thank you for taking the time out to provide such thoughtful and informative posts. I think we will split our dives into a couple of different places with the suggested diveops as well as the BHB. We are looking at Oct 17-24. It looks like we will miss the Goliath aggregation and some of the Loggerheads, but it sounds like plenty to see. Dying for my vacation!
You may miss GG aggregtion, but, hopefully, you will also miss bigger seas. Feel free to PM me with any questons

I'm enjoying these posts because it's educating me on my dive trip to south Florida October 26-Nov. 7. I plan on diving in West Palm Beach, Jupiter, and Boynton Beach. I've researched the tide tables, and that week looks good for diving at the Blue Heron Bridge, even for some night diving there. Halloween this year has a full moon, and I think that will be nice diving too. After doing those areas, I'm heading down to Key Largo to dive with Rainbow Reef, based on many recommendations from fellow posters here. I'm REALLY looking forward to the fun!

Stumbled upon this excellent thread. In terms of short boat rides, calmer seas and optimal visibility, how would you rank Jupiter, Palm Beach and Boynton beach in that equation? Thanks for any intel:)

They all have relatively short boat rides. Typical is 30-45 min, 60 min tops, from the time you leave the dock to splashing for your fist dive. It of course depends upon the site but none of these charters run long distances from their respective inlets.

For visibility one isn’t better than the other. Visibility is influenced by many factors including tides, location of the site relative to the inlet, amount of recent rain, and broader currents. Viz can be 10-20 or 80+.

Jupiter tends to be the roughest of the 3 with Palm Beach & Boynton typically being a bit calmer. That’s not always the case but that’s typical. It all depends upon wind direction & swell size/direction.

Currents can vary widely from a trickle to don’t even try to stop without a reef hook.

The real reason we pick one site over the other is all about the geography & relief of the respective reefs & the unique wrecks in each location. I dive all 3 locations regularly. They each have their own unique strengths.

Feel free to PM if you have specific questions. I’m happy to try and help.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom