KEY LARGO, a few from today, wed 8/2/17,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
decent day topside offshore key largo: sun/clouds/storms, SE winds <10KTS, seas 1-2FT. a broken record; ripping current wrecks and molasses reef. everyone confined to French reef and the benwood. we sucked it up and doubled on MOLASSES buoys M9(caputos, eagle ray alley) and M19(permit ledge). strong(dreadful) currents(evident in pic #1 with eagle ray), viz 40-50FT, 86F @ 20-42FT. todays dives best suited for drift diving. even the animals struggled!! pics from timg.

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• m1.png
    m1.png
    710.7 KB · Views: 108
  • m2.png
    m2.png
    767.5 KB · Views: 103
  • m3.png
    m3.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 98
  • m4.png
    m4.png
    762.4 KB · Views: 99
  • m5.png
    m5.png
    463.5 KB · Views: 98
  • m6.png
    m6.png
    289.4 KB · Views: 104
  • m7.png
    m7.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 98
  • m8.png
    m8.png
    482.4 KB · Views: 103
  • m9.png
    m9.png
    262.3 KB · Views: 91
  • m10.png
    m10.png
    857.2 KB · Views: 103
more,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• m11.png
    m11.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
  • m12.png
    m12.png
    951.1 KB · Views: 95
  • m13.png
    m13.png
    741 KB · Views: 96
  • m14.png
    m14.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 100
  • m15.png
    m15.png
    879.4 KB · Views: 91
  • m16.png
    m16.png
    866.6 KB · Views: 100
I am amazed that you guys could still get such great photos under those conditions. The last time I tried to take photos in a strong current, I had to discard every one of them, so I am truly in awe at what you are able to do with the camera. Outstanding as always. Thank you.

I am amazed that you guys could still get such great photos under those conditions. The last time I tried to take photos in a strong current, I had to discard every one of them, so I am truly in awe at what you are able to do with the camera. Outstanding as always. Thank you.
Thank you Altamira. The structure of the reef provides small pockets of protection from the current, and apart from crossing the open areas, once you get in the lee of a ledge or coral head that blocks the current it is not as bad. The eagle ray, sharks, yellowtails, snappers, permit and snook were all in the open, the rest in protected areas. Current was ripping, though. One of those days where turning your head parallel to the current is not recommended.

Great shots as always . The spotted eagle ray is working against that current . Can someone
get that current to go away !
Sea Dwellers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom