Update Requested Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snowy123

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi folks I am planning on Diving around Railly - Ao Nang then maybe Ko Phi Phi between 20th Dec and 3rd Jan. Obviously I have been watching the news a lot about the Bangkok airport situation and I am assuming it is going to be ok to fly in on the 19th Dec. I will fly straight down to Krabi on the same day.

My Question:

I have been emailing and emailing for the last 2 weeks trying to enquire about dive opps and accomodation but have had not many replies as to availability of accomdation. Can anyone please update me as to the current accomodation situation for single travelling divers in the Ao Nang/Raily area and also Ko Phi Phi area please? I can spend about 2000 a day on accomodation. I can understand if people are not responding to my requests because of the current confusion and perhaps are too busy handling current guests and probable cancellations - BUT - If people are not responding to me because hotels and guesthouses etc are full then I think thats a bit frustrating.

Normally I wouldnt ask for help like this but given the current politial situation I would be eternally grateful if someone could make an effort - (and not just try and sell me their own package)

All the best

Karl

Hi Karl

Sorry, it's me again, no one else talking?

Politics wise, we've had no problems here except trying to get tourists home. That will sort it'self out as things get back to normal in Bangkok.

We can sort out your Phi Phi stuff too as well as Ao Nang. Go for Railey if you don't mind being stuck out there, it is a longtail ride from the mainland. Of course, our tender can pick you up from the beach for diving.

Keith

Hi there. You were the not many who replied.

I have tried and tired but failed to get much of a response from people. please can you get in touch again via my email .. I am at work right now but am interested in what you can offer me. I want to dive for at least 7 days out of the 14 I am staying

Karl

Snowy123, people aren't ignoring you. It's just that only somebody who is right at the place you want to go can give you the kind of specific information you want, and in this case it's katdiver!

If the situation in Krabi is similar to Phuket, here's an update:
Things are still a bit unsettled even though flights are slowly getting normalized. Some customers have been unable to get here, and some haven't been able to leave yet (and won't leave for the next few days). There are hotel rooms, but that is also confused... some rooms are empty because customers haven't arrived, but then there are the customers who can't get out who need places to sleep, so availability is a bit fluid in terms of knowing which bookings are going to come through and which will ultimately be cancelled and which will be extended.

I would expect that by Dec 20, everybody who wants to leave will have left, and that hotels/guesthouses will have a better idea of what they have available.

Hope you have a great trip.

Quero is right. You will also find that operations like mine which aren't on the beach rely greatly on internet business, so we take the time to create relationships with our divers on the web and that then carries on into our diving service. The operations on the sea front are busy catching punters on the spot, and time and effort are spent in the immediate task of doing just that and getting them on the boat and away. I say that because they lease and share big boats for the high season to reduce costs and pack them as full as they can. That's the way diving has gone in a great many places around the world. Internet can wait for a quiet time. There are only a few operators like ourselves here, so when you find us, use us!:wink:

Snowy,

If you wanna dive from Ao-nang, try Katdiver...I went with them early November (before the political fiasco in Thailand), and was in the same boat as you. Nobody was replying e-mails from my buddy and me. EXCEPT katdiver. Nice people, nice boat. Easy, relaxing, no pressure dive days. I went for 3 day dives (had planned to only do 2!)

Oh yeah...you can request wat you wanna eat for lunch too! LOL!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom