Update on global warming!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LeFlaneur:
News Flash

It was cold somewhere therefore climate change is a myth.
Now there is a quality post!....Again, you and you alone have used the word "myth"
It's colder than normal way colder in Alaska where the ice is supposed to be melting!

Wildcard-

First - I wasn't the first one to use "hoax," but I'll let that part of the discussion die.

Without talking about my viewpoint on this, you can't take one data point (on anything) and make a argument out of it. To do so fails to take into account the entire picture. What you've done is essentially the same thing Al Gore did when he said "hey look, ice here is melting - that must be climate change." Anecdotal evidence, such as you've presented, is COMPELLING, but largely useless.

Let's pull diving somewhere into this discussion and keep everyone interested...

-Nick

Wildcard:
Now there is a quality post!....Again, you and you alone have used the word "myth"
It's colder than normal way colder in Alaska where the ice is supposed to be melting!

This is the discussion you were hoping to promote? Wow, you must be really bored. The newspapers all over the country decrie every cold or warm day as debunk or proof of global warming.

It was realy cold diving in Alaska this year....
Im offering an observation from one person who has lived there for 60someodd years.
Besides, if people can post about polarbears that they have never seen here, why can't I say something about places you would never hear of otherwise?
Besides, Alaskans are generaly in favor of global warming! LOL

pupdiver:
This is the discussion you were hoping to promote? Wow, you must be really bored. The newspapers all over the country decrie every cold or warm day as debunk or proof of global warming.
The quality just gets better and better! The newspapers debunk? LMAO, The frikkin liberal media is doing everything but giving ALgore a BJ! They eat this stuff up because liberals want to believe it.

Wildcard:
The quality just gets better and better! The newspapers debunk? LMAO, The frikkin liberal media is doing everything but giving ALgore a BJ! They eat this stuff up because liberals want to believe it.

I agree with you - but none of this makes your argument valid (though your viewpoint may be right). If it's just an observation, then perhaps the title of the thread should be "it's been cold in Alaska lately."

-Nick

Wildcard:
You and you alone used the word hoax. Im just offering a viewpoint you would not normaly see.

you do realize it's a parody, right?

making fun of the very argument you are putting forth?

("Homer" as in Homer Simpson ... a moron...)

just thought i'd check

:eyebrow:

alright... seriously now

yes, there's going to be cold temperatures as we move into average higher temperatures worldwide

you are aware of what an average means, right? by definition, there will be lower temperatures than average.... otherwise the average wouldn't be the average

this has been going on for quite some time. average worldwide temperatures have been climbing along with CO2 in the atmosphere as a result of the Industrial Revolution.

Homer Smpson is a comic god!
Homer Alaska is one of the most beautiful places in all of Alaska.
Again, just offering up an observation you would not normaly see.
PS Andy, thatks for the legal advice.

Homer Simpson rock,s dude

Homer-Sleep1.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom