Suggestion Unwelcome screen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
cornfed

cornfed

Mindless lemming
Reaction score
In the unlikely event that you get banned you see a screen which looks like,

cornfed, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

This is very similar to what you would see had you tried to access a thread which had been moved to the backroom (aka mod area) or deleted. Since those who get themselves banned are also likely to be involved with threads that are moved or deleted the actual cause of this message is ambiguous.

I suggest changing the messge to read something like,

cornfed, you do not have permission to access this page? Why? Because we kicked your smart aleck behind to the curb (where it belongs). Don't pretend you don't know why! Any questions or comments can be directed to /dev/null. Thank you.

Hey TA

Couldn't you just let him continue to prepare threads and just put them in the trash can rather than post them. It could be like being dead and not knowing it.

Simple banning may not be enough for some folks. :D

cornfed:
My account is setup to block all foreign (ie Canadian) PMs. pennypue is working on the problem. You might want to check with her.
I am continually plugging it with annoying comments.

How about this screen instead:

:whack:
BAD Cornfed.

Go to my room.

(oh, oooops, that's when I get banned.......:eek:uttahere)

Back
Top Bottom