Suggestion Unwelcome screen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
cornfed

cornfed

Mindless lemming
Reaction score
In the unlikely event that you get banned you see a screen which looks like,

cornfed, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

This is very similar to what you would see had you tried to access a thread which had been moved to the backroom (aka mod area) or deleted. Since those who get themselves banned are also likely to be involved with threads that are moved or deleted the actual cause of this message is ambiguous.

I suggest changing the messge to read something like,

cornfed, you do not have permission to access this page? Why? Because we kicked your smart aleck behind to the curb (where it belongs). Don't pretend you don't know why! Any questions or comments can be directed to /dev/null. Thank you.

gitterdun:
:D Ummmmm.......... Cornfed, have you still blocked your PMs??? :D
My account is setup to block all foreign (ie Canadian) PMs. pennypue is working on the problem. You might want to check with her.

gitterdun:
Such rejection.......... :1poke:
With this heighten sense of security we can't take any risks, eh?

gitterdun:
I am scarred....... I'm taking my ball and I'm going home..........
I'm sorry, nothing personal, eh.

Both Cornfed & Suemermaid have suggested good possibilities... How about combining them into one? :D Something like....

Hmmm. Can't log on, can you? Now why ever could that be? Could it be because we told you, over and over and over to stop? Or maybe because you smarted off to the almighty and all knowing camel? Or maybe we just felt like kicking someone off and you were the one everyone voted for since you are too good for foreign PMs? Guess you'll just have to read the threads as a loser guest, unable to ply the rest of the rule abiding public with your witty (in your own mind) and off color comments and taking up valuble space. Maybe this will teach you to listen to your betters, although I don't hold out much hope for a mindless lemming like you.

Just a suggestion... :eyebrow:
:joke: :rofl2:

You da man, Cornfed. :10:

Guess you'll just have to read the threads as a loser guest, unable to ply the rest of the rule abiding public with your witty (in your own mind) and off color comments and taking up valuble space.

What really sucks is when you get bit by the cookie issues and it won't actually let you log off to get guess access.

Well, at least it sucks for the people whom you have their IM addresses.

Spectre:
What really sucks is when you get bit by the cookie issues and it won't actually let you log off to get guess access.
Yeah, that sucks... or so I've heard. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom