Unwanted guests in your photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's my take on it... I used smart sharpen, unsharp mask, masking, spot tool, auto levels with the midpoint shifted toward the right, and remove color noise..

jelly-retouchmsb.jpg

Interesting. I asked for help and kinda assumed (hoped, actually) that people would modify it in some way. NOT because I want to take THEIR work, but because I'm curious about techniques and their consequences.

And, as Scott showed me, I am maybe not as comfortable with Photoshop as I thought. It never occured to me to use some of those tools, and his results were great. It's time to take a class.

Thanks for the help everybody!

Thank you =) Just keep playing with different tools in photoshop.. you'll find out what tools you like to use, and which you despise..

Are you sure you didn't take a picture of a goldfish swimming around a poached egg in a saucepan?:D

Scotty

Scotty g:
Are you sure you didn't take a picture of a goldfish swimming around a poached egg in a saucepan?:D

Scotty

Oh no, I've been caught! :D

Here's my take - I cropped to standard 4x3, healing brushed out the fish, selected the jelly with the magnetic lasso, inverse selection (selects the background), darkened the background with RGB slider in levels, blurred the background with gaussian blur, deselected, used blur tool on the edge of the jelly to blend it back into the picture.

jellyfishfix.jpg

Warning: I stink at photoshop. I magnetic lassoed the fish, adjusted the brightness and contrast, and the levels. Did the same with the fishes eye and mouth, and then clumsily blended them back in with the healing brush. Hopefully it's not much worse than what you started with. Nice pic of the jellyfish BTW.
Forgot, I also used unsharp mask on the fish, 100%, 1 pixel, 2 levels.

jellyfishps.jpg

Same pic with some saturation added

jellyfishpssaturated.jpg

I used PaintShop Pro . and got crazy with contrast to keep the fish in.
jellyfishsb2.jpg

But I think the jelly looks better by itself.

Back
Top Bottom