Unusual Things That You've Found

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found a menu to one of my favorite restaurants but the restaurant is nowhere near the dive site? Also found a slate tied to a weight under a pipe I use to tie off my float for dive classes there was a note on the slate that said reserved? I guess you can reserve the ocean.

Reactions: OTF
Found a stuffed Garfield tied to a rock 60 feet down in a quarry. I was searching for a gun for the local PD, they said the gun was wrapped in a towel. Working in zero vis, I felt something soft then something hard, floated up a bit out of the silt and shined my light on two big white eyes staring back at me. That rattled the cage a bit.

Found a stuffed Garfield tied to a rock 60 feet down in a quarry. I was searching for a gun for the local PD, they said the gun was wrapped in a towel. Working in zero vis, I felt something soft then something hard, floated up a bit out of the silt and shined my light on two big white eyes staring back at me. That rattled the cage a bit.

At what point did you realize that the Garfield was not what you were looking for?..... Or was it? Maybe the handgun was hidden in the Garfield.....

At what point did you realize that the Garfield was not what you were looking for?..... Or was it? Maybe the handgun was hidden in the Garfield.....

After I regained my composure I checked out Garfield and he wasn't concealing a gun. I cleared him and returned him to the quarry Gods.

I saw what I thought was a sandal on the edge of a reef. I was going to put it in my game bag when I returned at the end of the dive. I swam over it a few times during the dive but waited to take it until later. When I finally picked it up, I was shocked by its weight. It was a brass footplate from a hardhat diver.

I also have more than a dozen Coke bottles from various reefs. My favorite is the Christmas version. It was trademarked on December 25, 1923. For some reason, the U.S. Trademark office was open that day.

31861662847_62180419ac_b.jpg

I once found a fridge during a lake cleanup. It took a jerp and winch to pull it out.
I won a trophy for the biggest pile of trash.

An overly anatomically correct GI Joe at the bottom of the Banzai line @ 40 fathom grotto. Someone had grafted on an appendage for poor under equipped Joe.

Check out "Adventures with a Purpose" on youtube. This guy goes around pulling stuff from lake beds including cars, guns, and whatever is down there. Currently he's on a road trip trying to solve cold crimes by finding those who may have gone under and never came back up.

Found a lobster with rubber bands on it’s claws in a microwave, bottom of the ocean, NJ

This is quite interesting. This maybe came from a wrecked ship. One thing that I am confused that is how did you see the inside of the micro oven. The door was supposed to be locked and if the door was opened than the lobster inside would have been vanished by now. What did you actually see when you found it?.

Back
Top Bottom