Unusual Things That You've Found

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is quite interesting. This maybe came from a wrecked ship. One thing that I am confused that is how did you see the inside of the micro oven. The door was supposed to be locked and if the door was opened than the lobster inside would have been vanished by now. What did you actually see when you found it?.

The lobster was alive, I removed the rubber bands and freed him, the microwave was recently drooped there, it was perfectly clean.

It was a regular microwave, I just opened the door, never saw a locking mechanism on a microwave....

I assume it fell from a boat that was there for lobsters. Anyone who has AOW from NJ knows the site, there are three wrecks in a triangle, wrecks are lame, but plenty of lobsters, popular spot by NJ standards. Microwave was in the sand right side up, found it on my way from one wreck to another.

Being from NJ, I would not be surprised that someone put it there knowing it would be found, it was pretty funny, but also perfectly placed. I would have sent it up but didn't have a lift bag cause I was tagging along with a AOW class.

Several clay pieces that used to be a pot for storing gold or wine in ancient roman times.

Not quite unusual for the area considering it is the ancient port of Caesera, you throw a rock in any direction and you are bound to hit something historic but not something i hear that others find often.

Following a big storm in 2015/2016 ( not sure exactly which year) a local diver here found around 1,000 gold coins in the same area.

My friend with the loot, was handed over to the local antique preservation team in the university.

331f10ebbc25a00b260f554d530583bf.jpg

From a different dive
GOPR4777_1538741648109_high.JPG

Son and I happened upon a submerged full size cruising yacht while diving at Minerva Reef 250 miles south of Tonga. Don't know what happened to the occupants.

Strangest thing I ever found was an electronic ankle monitor on the first reef off Lauderdale. It had clearly been cut off, and it was beyond throwing distance from the beach. Had been on the bottom about a month or so.....someone violated their condition of house arrest or bond....

Club dive in a lake in the Muskoka's northern Ontario cold water, tannic not much light pen. Found a small bottle and stuffed it in my pocket. Surfaced and everyone is having lunch I decide to check the bottle out. Turns out it still have the cork stopper in it. Do a little prodding with a stick cork breaks down and I attempt to clean out the contents. It was some kind of really old elixir very strong menthol type. Lots of gagging from the group and a rather large oil slick floating on the water.

Kate Spade sunglasses shore diving Long I., NY. Cleaned up real well.

Back in my Law Enforcement Diver days: an inline 6 cylinder automotive engine. "Found" it while being towed on a planer board. We were searching, in pretty much zero vis water, for a person that drowned due to a boating accident.

Reactions: OTF
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom