Question unused scrubber…

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just found a hard plastic container that can fit a single rEvo sorb cassette that also has a vacuum sealer port. Curious to see how that works.

I just found a hard plastic container that can fit a single rEvo sorb cassette that also has a vacuum sealer port. Curious to see how that works.
You know what else has a vacuum sealed port? Your Revo. Just leave it in the unit. No vacuum needed, just seal it - same as a keg of sorb.

You know what else has a vacuum sealed port? Your Revo. Just leave it in the unit. No vacuum needed, just seal it - same as a keg of sorb.

That's how I roll. My longest surface interval is 2 weeks. I clean, sanitize, and dry the unit. Then put it all together and do ambient pressure checks. The unit sits in a ready to go to a dive site state.

For rEvo scrubbers if I recall these 1.5qt containers from Container Store fit the rEvo scrubbers perfectly.

For my other rebreathers I just use a dry bag for the scrubber. I sometimes mark the date and number of hours on the scrubber with painter's tape and sharpie. You can use Shearwater's new stack timer for this but I still write the numbers of hours on the scrubber out of habit.

1666285017148.png

If I just built my unit and everything is clean and dry inside then I have no problem with the scrubber staying inside the unit. If I am doing multiple days of diving I like to leave the rebreather open so everything can dry inside.

Leaving a wet rebreather sealed up for extended periods of time is not great for the unit and wiring / electronics / etc. Yes things are sealed but you'll get corrosion on wiring and all sorts of random issues over time in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom