unstick paralenz rotary switch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for that. Never realised they were available as easily -- and in such enormous quantities!
They are pretty delicate, but yeah, still have 97 left after breaking one and using two :wink:. Not 100% sure how I broke the one, I had it wedged under the (not yet removed) partially rusted out magnet.

Thanks for that. Never realised they were available as easily -- and in such enormous quantities!

Was it easy to poke out the old rusty magnets?
yes, two of mine were essentially all rust, and a little prodding with a dental pick poked a hole through, then I just worked my way around the hole.

yes, two of mine were essentially all rust, and a little prodding with a dental pick poked a hole through, then I just worked my way around the hole.
Here is the "finished" repair. I used some "PC-11" marine epoxy I had in my basement. Either I mixed the wrong proportions (highly likely) or the hardener lost some oomph in the several decades it sat in my basement, but it seemed to harden eventually (4 days vs the promised 30 minutes). I put duct tape on the inside, put in some epoxy, then put the magnet in (in an orientation I had already tested). I finished it off with a thin layer of epoxy on top. We shall see how it does in the salt water, but for now it seems to work. The inside looks almost neat, while the outside shows why I got mediocre marks in shop class.

Attachments

• inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 33
  • outside.jpg
    outside.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 35
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom