Unreal craigslist scuba ad!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wait, I have a better idea...

email him and have him sign up over at The Deco Stop and tell him that is "THE PLACE" to sell used scuba gear! ( those guys over there won't cut him any slack! :rofl3: )

:popcorn:

when that doesn't work, suggest newsgroup rec.scuba

Watch out Mike...he may end up owning TDS....then that is all they would sell :shakehead:

This Guy is only 30 minutes from me. Maybe I'll visit him and negotiate a bit, I hope he can give some tips on using those fins, propeller technology sounds complicated.

This Guy is only 30 minutes from me. Maybe I'll visit him and negotiate a bit, I hope he can give some tips on using those fins, propeller technology sounds complicated.

Offer to swap him EVEN for a pair of splits and some stainless steel clips from Home Depot :D

Good luck getting those old AL cylinders filled.

Watch out Mike...he may end up owning TDS....then that is all they would sell :shakehead:

more trouble that it's worth....

Like Chip said, good luck trying to get them filled.

I saw a set of AL80's on craigslist. They were "brand new" only dove once.

Had the guy read off the numbers stamped in the tank.... ends up they made in the 1980's (AL 6351T alloy). pretty much worthless around here.

I told him nevermind, that the local dive shops (none of them around here) would fill them because they were AL 6351T alloy.

he emails back arguing and I send him the DOT notice (PDF) about SLC and het gets all ticked off....

so what does this jerk do... he calls up the LDS's and argues "I hear you won't fill my scuba tanks". the LDS owner was like "Huh? who is this?" The guy explains that he has used tanks for sale and that people won't buy them because shops won't fill them. He blames the shop for his issue.... :shakehead:

He ends up on the phone eventually with Luxfer speaking with their legal department because his tanks (although 20 years old but only used once) are deemed "not fillable" by local dive shops.

then he still doesn't believe it or feels he was 'wronged' by the dive industry because he paid so much for his gear that he calls the LDS back again and tries to talk them into buying them.

wasted a bunch of peoples time at the LDS and at Luxfer.

Yeah, but at least all of us get a funny story out of it!

more trouble that it's worth....

I saw a set of AL80's on craigslist. They were "brand new" only dove once.

Had the guy read off the numbers stamped in the tank.... ends up they made in the 1980's (AL 6351T alloy). pretty much worthless around here.

I told him nevermind, that the local dive shops (none of them around here) would fill them because they were AL 6351T alloy.

he emails back arguing and I send him the DOT notice (PDF) about SLC and het gets all ticked off....

so what does this jerk do... he calls up the LDS's and argues "I hear you won't fill my scuba tanks". the LDS owner was like "Huh? who is this?" The guy explains that he has used tanks for sale and that people won't buy them because shops won't fill them. He blames the shop for his issue.... :shakehead:

He ends up on the phone eventually with Luxfer speaking with their legal department because his tanks (although 20 years old but only used once) are deemed "not fillable" by local dive shops.

then he still doesn't believe it or feels he was 'wronged' by the dive industry because he paid so much for his gear that he calls the LDS back again and tries to talk them into buying them.

wasted a bunch of peoples time at the LDS and at Luxfer.

No need to concern yourselves with getting these tanks filled. The add plainly states that they come filled already. That is rich! LOL

No need to concern yourselves with getting these tanks filled. The add plainly states that they come filled already. That is rich! LOL

what I find funny is that he said one of the tanks is a "professional" cylinder, but not the other? :rofl3:

just a different color :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom