UNO results are in!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UNO H20 are plastic. There are also bicycle brand playing cards that are all plastic.

Both decks are printed on a clear plastic sheeting with colored printing.

I've actually also seen a really old deck of Canadian-printed plastic playing cards. They were printed on white textured plastic instead of clear slightly-matte plastic (as in the Bicycle decks) or clear glossy plastic (as in the UNO H2O decks).

trucker girl:
Ron was ANTI-social, not UN-social... there's a difference, you know :wink:

You silly girl.... his name is Rod!! :wink: But... he'll answer to anything!! :eyebrow: LOL

I did a really good job punching the UNO cards... though, I messed up 4 of the bicycle cards... go figure. (OH! I probably should NOT tell an engineer to "figure"!! LOL :))

Clay Jar... I knew you did something that took lots of brains.... your posts are very eloquently stated, and well thought thru! (That's a compliment!)

Ecky... yours are too... Clays are just a little more obvious. :wink:

erparamedic:
I must say... the website is coming along quite nicely!!

Great job, Ecky! You rock!

Thanks! It's pretty easy to "figure" out google page creator. :D

Hey, I wanted to tell you , too, that I looked at cafepress.com (i think that was the site you mentioned), and the t shirts and mugs and stuff seem really reasonable..... hmmm... I feel some ideas coming on!!!

Any ideas for a logo? What about a red oval with the white diagonal stripe with ISOSAD in navy blue printed in the stripe, and a big "splash" in the background? I'll have to think a bit.

I hate to sound ignorant but what is the purpose of the holes?

We put holes in the cards to run a binder ring thru them... it keeps the cards from floating away... and helps in keeping the stacks stacked.
I'll try to find a good pic and post it..... standby...

The holes (in the upper left and lower right corners) are for snap rings to hold the draw/discard piles (and optionally, player's hands) together. You can see both small snap rings (on the 2-pound weight) and large ones (on the draw and discard piles attached to the weight, and on Rachel's cards in her hand) in the photo I posted earlier (click "All Sizes" to see a bigger version).

ISOSAD-1.gif

How about that for a logo concept? Perhaps add in an oval behind the "cards" and name, to give it that logo look? Perhaps even make the oval behind it an oblique view of a checker piece (i.e. Connect Four, etc).

(Note that it's just a mockup, so I just used random colors.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom