UNO results are in!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hooray!
I am going to work on that!
My new goal is going to be to become the Canadian Embasador of ISOSAD!

What a dream for a girl to dream...

I'm trying to talk my husband into joining SOSAD (on the bored, that is). He's an "odd sort of character" though. LOL

If he were to be on the board, then he'd just HAVE to be "King of Unsocial Behavior" LOL... TG will get it... she's met him. LOL (He's a good guy... quiet till he gets to know you... and she put "unsociable" by his name in her log book!! LOL)

Stine:
:lol:
I will!
My dream keeps growing.....
Now them darned cards need to get here!

Just wait till you have to hole punch all them cards..... good grief... It'll give ya hand cramps... but the payoff is soooooo worth it!

My LDS owner thinks we're nuts! NO..... we're SOSAD!! LOL :wink:

I have to admit that I am not looking forward to the hole punching, but I am loving the idea of hitting my LDS and diving in their pool with my cards, that should get some people interested!!

Oh, come on now. Punching 864 holes in 432 cards (two UNO sets and four standard card decks) only took one evening... :wink:

I used a 3-hole punch, which was a lot more comfortable than a normal one-hole hand punch. I found I could do two cards at a time (three was problematic). I took the hole-catcher bottom off the punch, too, as I had to use a pencil to pop the punching plunger back up through the hole some of the time. It was also trivial to be very consistent with hole location with the three-hole punch -- my holes were all within a millimeter or so. Still, I shuffled between the first corner run and the opposite corner run, just to be sure I didn't end up with a systematic drift that would hint as to what the cards were.

WOW!
Hoodda thunk it be such a trial to punch holes in cards?
That said, I still need to sit down with my playing cards and get punching. I'll be in Toledo on Sunday, so I may have to stop in at Target and get some UNO cards then.

I'm thinking a section on how to properly punch cards is needed for the website as well!

erparamedic:
Awesome~~~ hows the vis? That could host The ScubUNO Championship Games!!
There could be a nominal entry fee... and a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc, cash prize for the winners!!

One question though.... Doesn't Lake Placid have gators in it??:11: :11doh:

Catching on.. er.. yeah, I like having fun and if I've got a relatively safe and uneventful body of water to work with I can't see not being able to host fun events in it!

I could see ScubUno, battleship, connect 4, and about anything else one could conceptually think of.

Gators.. sure, Lake Placid has them. Its a larger body of water with much more food sources. This lake doesn't even have enough critters in it to support a small gator, so no worries there. I haven't even seen turtles in this lake.. just a few bass, brim, and perch.

BTW - just as an experiement, why punch each card individually? Leave them in the box, minus plastic wrapper, and with a nice NEW drill bit and slow speed on the drill (or drill press) put one even, clean hole in the right area, then all cards have the hole in the same place. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom