UNO results are in!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Minister of Misplays"? I think I should have SOME input in this, at least. Where's Barracuda2? I know he's got my back.

Erparamedic, don't forget that you and I are going to team up and teach TG and the lovely eckybay how to REALLY play ScubUno.

eckybay:
I was trying to talk my co-worker into hosting something like this in the pool in his back yard. But then we realized that we'd be lucky to get more than three people in gear with enough space for game play in his pool at the same time.:11doh:
...actually...

The thing about playing is you don't really need anything but air, weight, and a mask. Obviously, you need the masks, but the air and weight could both be handled by a "card table"...

See, all I need to do is send some 25# free weights to the bottom of the pool to act as anchors, and then I can use rope to suspend a "table" above them (holding it up with air as necessary). Then, you just attach some regs to some tanks and set them down at the table (anchored, if they're AL80s or otherwise buoyant on empty). We can even share air (one on primary, one on octo) if we get some rental divers who don't have gear.

As the pool in my parents' backyard is only 8' deep, swimming down to the game won't be a problem, and making an exhaling ascent isn't a problem. (I've got a 25' LP hose I use for cleaning the pool and other fun, so setting up and tearing down won't be a problem, as I can just walk it up and down the pool.) The players can either wear a bit of weight or just hold onto the table.

It just requires a bit more ingenuity than playing at an expansive quarry. :D

J.'s little sister (HS senior, also Rachel's sister, obviously) just mentioned that they're trying to start a scuba club at school. If they get organized and find a sponsor, I may end up having to bring some cards to a meeting for them... :D

eckybay:
Definitely.:blinking:

I was trying to talk my co-worker into hosting something like this in the pool in his back yard. But then we realized that we'd be lucky to get more than three people in gear with enough space for game play in his pool at the same time.:11doh:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2170+...6669,-81.33227&spn=0.008194,0.016909&t=h&om=1

The roundish lake below the arrow. It's behind where I'm opening the training center (being created next to resturant) and resturant (already exists, has the parking lot next to it):

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2170+Us+27+South,+Lake+Placid,+FL&ie=UTF8&z=17&ll=27.236669,-81.33227&spn=0.008194,0.016909&t=h&om=1

I think we could get 100 or so people in there easy :wink:

trucker girl:
Wow. This is getting a little out of hand (get it? get it?)...

R.Joe= Lord of the Nines and Destroyer of Reverse...
eckybay= Slight of Hand in the Highest
erparamedic= Countess of Klobering and Queen of Contact
T.G.= The Ring Bearer
Ber= She Who Skips Setup
Stine= Ebay Entry to Eternal Uno
Clay Jar= High Uno of the Draw Four and Master of the Skip (the "first" Draw Four was a typo- I was writing something else and erased everything but the word "first")

NOW who's the one with too much time on her hands...

Hahaha!!! I like!!!!

BUT... I like High ScubUNO Priestess for TG....:wink:

Reggae Joe:
Erparamedic, don't forget that you and I are going to team up and teach TG and the lovely eckybay how to REALLY play ScubUno.

I haven't forgotten.... we will definitely have to show them how to play a REAL game of ScubUNO! I'm up for it.... now we've just gotta get a date that we can have the first SOSAD meet. LOL

Sorry TG... don't worry... :wink: LOL You know us girls will still stick together. LOL

CBulla:
[
The roundish lake below the arrow. It's behind where I'm opening the training center (being created next to resturant) and resturant (already exists, has the parking lot next to it):
I think we could get 100 or so people in there easy :wink:

Awesome~~~ hows the vis? That could host The ScubUNO Championship Games!!
There could be a nominal entry fee... and a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc, cash prize for the winners!!

One question though.... Doesn't Lake Placid have gators in it??:11: :11doh:

trucker girl:
Wow. This is getting a little out of hand (get it? get it?)...

R.Joe= Lord of the Nines and Destroyer of Reverse...
eckybay= Slight of Hand in the Highest
erparamedic= Countess of Klobering and Queen of Contact
T.G.= The Ring Bearer
Ber= She Who Skips Setup
Stine= Ebay Entry to Eternal Uno
Clay Jar= High Uno of the Draw Four and Master of the Skip (the "first" Draw Four was a typo- I was writing something else and erased everything but the word "first")

NOW who's the one with too much time on her hands...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe I could be the Canadian SOSAD embasador- I don't think I could make it to any Bored meetings!!

Stine:
Maybe I could be the Canadian SOSAD embasador- I don't think I could make it to any Bored meetings!!
Actually, if you get a Canadian chapter going, feel free to add the optional 'I' for "International" -- ISOSAD. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom