UNO results are in!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blackjack could be fun... and not too hard to do underwater... and heck, you *could* place bets by taking down a baggie full of nickels, dimes, and quarters. That could make it a bit more fun with money involved.

Rummy would be an option too.

Hehe... cash in for special "tokens" (i.e. various size washers) topside, and then you can use split rings for your piles of chips.

I should track down my Hoyle and see what it has to suggest.

trucker girl:
Standard plastic cards meaning plain-old playing cards or actual plastic cards in a standard deck? I realise we're getting sort of techincal here- perhaps we need to start our own DIN of underwater gaming?

I found the underwater plastic regular playing cards - I was waiting in line at walmart yesterday and there they were right at the check out. Normal bicycle brand playing cards, printed on plastic with a little carring case. Were less than 4 bucks.

There are Target stores up in Toledo, it's just making it up there and having the chance to get to one. Some day.

Hmmm...if it's two-person card games you want, there's always War. Hell, even I can play that one (I don't know any card games except for Knock, War, and Blackjack).

Years ago, I added a special rule to War to make it much more limited (as opposed to standard War, which can go on to saturation diving lengths). I call it "War of Attrition", and the simple rule change is that instead of the winner taking the losing card each flip, the winner keeps their card, and the losing card is discarded (say, into a goodie bag).

Game length is significantly reduced, with the only side effect being the chance to end in a tie (which doesn't seem to hurt the enjoyment of the game -- you can always quickly play a deciding round). Seems like it would be quite well adapted to underwater play.

Why would you need a bunch of little rings for Go Fish? The fishing pond could be replaced with a standard draw pile. It wouldn't be quite the traditional fun messy blob o' cards, but a standard one-ring draw pile is just as random.

Back
Top Bottom