Unknown device - what is it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc:
Mark,

I want that Russian WP prog... which are you using? I can't believe I did not find out that you spoke Russian while in Key Largo. Unfortunately, I have forgotten more than I remember, and I never knew the "diving lingo".

But yes, your Russian is not near as bad as your first line would have them think. :D

I wish I could take credit for being a real genius, but unfortunately I tend more towards being an idiot savant. :D

Go here. http://translation2.paralink.com :wink:

Marc

I have seen advertisements somewhere for a device that looks very similar and that essentially is a giant snorkel with a small lung attached. The lung included a small manual pump which was connected via cables to the snorkeler's fins and somehow the swimming motion operated the pump. Thus surface air was compressed and stored in the lung without the need for a tank or compressor.

I cannot be sure that this is the same device and I don't see any cables to the fins, but the lung looks very similar.

Sergik:
The topic, that inspirated me to open this tread:
http://www.tetis.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=33630#33630

So, is there a way to make US keyboards spit out cyrillic characters? I have a very basic knowledge of Russian, and would like to expand it. The russian scubaboard would likely be great way to do so. BTW, I really like your avatar for tetis.ru, as well as Goscha's <Gosha's?> (How many posts to become a Guru?)

adder70:
So, is there a way to make US keyboards spit out cyrillic characters? I have a very basic knowledge of Russian, and would like to expand it. The russian scubaboard would likely be great way to do so. BTW, I really like your avatar for tetis.ru, as well as Goscha's <Gosha's?> (How many posts to become a Guru?)
Well, to make US keyboards spit out cyrillic characters, I think, you are to install some russian cyrillic fonts to your OS windows, and maybe to make RUSSIAN as a second language from a Control Panel - Keyboards and Languages. However, you can write in translit or directly in English (most of people will understand you). To become GURU you must send 1000 messages. After 1500 mess you become a "Maniak":)

snorkeler's fins and somehow the swimming motion operated the pump. Thus surface air was compressed and stored in the lung without the need for a tank or compressor.

I think that system came out in the early 90's and was called the "Diveman"

Back
Top Bottom