Universal Manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Putting the money into another regulator set and dive independent doubles sounds. But I have been told that diving indepent doubles has its risk. Can anyone share me some?

wunat:
Putting the money into another regulator set and dive independent doubles sounds. But I have been told that diving indepent doubles has its risk. Can anyone share me some?
It's a gas management thing. It isn't rocket science, but it does take a little attention to detail and more planning than a system where you don't have to switch regs and monitor two gas supplies.
But if you're comparing it to the setup that started this thread, I'd opt for the independent doubles every time.
Rick

wunat:
No more risk than diving with a manifold, a couple less failure points and 1 minor failure point added. Some say task loading is an issue but if you breath down 1/3 from 1 side, then 2/3 from the next side then the last 1/3 from the tank you started on it balances out well leaving enough redundancy for all phases of the dive.
The minor failure point is the added spg but believe me a damaged HP hose passes alot less gas than a damaged LP hose due to the flow restictor found in almost all regulators.
Diving independant doubles is a very good way to go and is very versatile. Carry tank bands to your next dive destination and double up a couple of al 80s. You have total redundancy.

Back
Top Bottom