United plane change time needed in Newark?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've only been to Newark once, I don't remember being late in or out, but they were local flights. I'm sure if you have a connection, Murphy will come out to play.

Also, whichever airport we flew in from Roatan last year had passport/thumb scan kiosks for everybody and they didn't print out the "go stand in line to see the helpful officer" card. No trusted global nexus entry traveler bs needed.

It all depends upon the airport.

Interesting.

I remember once long ago in Miami where we did not clear immigration. In transit passengers were kept in a small locked area until our connecting flight. We do not use Miami anymore...

Yes, I had a similar experience once, that's pretty much the worst! :mad:

OK,,Gotta ask,,Has anyone ever had an on time departure out of Newark?? This is on the top of my list for avoid at all costs airports!!

Agreed, not only are on-time departures lacking, but the entire airport experience is horrendous. The cheapest EWR economy parking costs twice as much as the expensive daily garage at BWI. Once when I picked up a friend from Newark, her cell phone died so she couldn't call me to tell me where she was. The barista at the coffee shop charged her $20 to plug her phone in so she could call me. I vowed never to fly out of Newark again.

Face it, cutting it close at any major US airport is a crapshoot at best. But if you travel enough and avoid all airports you've had a bad experience at, there may be no place left to fly through. :(

Face it, cutting it close at any major US airport is a crapshoot at best. But if you travel enough and avoid all airports you've had a bad experience at, there may be no place left to fly through. :(
Just avoid the "worst experience" airports. For us this is miami and atlanta followed by newark.

Both charlotte and houston are okay. no issues.

And maybe the issues depend upon your flights. atlanta is on our no fly list because we always have to change terminals which means going outside security and having to go through security at the next terminal. Same issue in newark. in houston you can stay inside security and travel between terminals.

This really is a personal experience kinda thing... There are trends of course. For us, Newark is now my primary airport! Lga is a construction mess right now and JFK is a traffic nightmare to get to. EWR is easy in/out, parking is much cheaper and better service than the other 2 (i use value which is $9/day, car is running/waiting at the office when u return...). Inside the airport security if not tsa-pre it can be long! Walks between terminals - long, baggage claim - slow. We got in from DIA 45 minutes early last saturday and the time we saved was eaten up by baggage claim. Lets face it, air travel just sucks these days! So u try to minimize your grief where possible. I try to never have anything shorter than 2 hour layovers. Rather hang and grab a bite/drink than do the oj thru the airport :wink:

You are correct - there is lots of confusion on the various services... Seems it would have made more sense to have a single simpler system

I agree. Has Nexus always been able to use Global Entry kiosks? I remember researching this several years ago. There was a reason we went Global Entry, but I can't remember why. It's not like me to miss more for less on something like that.:dork2::)

I agree. Has Nexus always been able to use Global Entry kiosks? I remember researching this several years ago. There was a reason we went Global Entry, but I can't remember why. It's not like me to miss more for less on something like that.:dork2::)
yes. Nexus is the top of the pyramid. It may also be the only thing that is available for us Canucks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom