Unfriendliness at Rockport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

helloooo..if divers are having trouble there then stop going there and dive somewhere else..enough already..this is getting really old..

Under Michael:
"It doesn't sound like everyone is having troubles there.

Hey Tom, in the past when during the season have divers stopped using the ramp if not chased off by Eric?

Actually when this all started, I went to talk to Eric, a couple of local divers, and charter boat operators were allowed to use the ramp, park on the ramp, leave their vehicles on the ramp, and went in to the Boathouse, and Eric said nothing to them.

helloooo..if divers are having trouble there then stop going there and dive somewhere else..enough already..this is getting really old..

The thread may be getting old but obviously still and issue and not all are aware of the truth. Maybe we should stop talking about it and keep out heads buried in the sand, it's always good to allow others to manipulate people and society follow as cattle.

Off I go now to believe everything I read in the papers....oh look, Elvis was sighted again in Brockville, Ont...Kewl!

its still an issue because people are making it an issue..what more can be possibly said that hasnt already been said..time for some people to grow up..this isnt about sticking our heads in the sand but pullin it out of you know where and moving on..this board supposed to be about diving not about some divers who arent to thrilled about not getting their way..WE dont own that property behind that restaurant..remember that..their may or not be a rule prohibiting diving at the ramp thats true and MAYBE he is just trying to make money..if some of you dont like the way your being treated there you do have a right to go somewhere else..when are you going to get it through your heads that obviously eric doesnt want too much to do with divers..get over it already..oh and huff n puff how many divers have manipulated others in the past just to get what the wanted....it goes both ways..

snuggle:
its still an issue because people are making it an issue..what more can be possibly said that hasnt already been said..time for some people to grow up..this isnt about sticking our heads in the sand but pullin it out of you know where and moving on..this board supposed to be about diving not about some divers who arent to thrilled about not getting their way..WE dont own that property behind that restaurant..remember that..their may or not be a rule prohibiting diving at the ramp thats true and MAYBE he is just trying to make money..if some of you dont like the way your being treated there you do have a right to go somewhere else..when are you going to get it through your heads that obviously eric doesnt want too much to do with divers..get over it already..oh and huff n puff how many divers have manipulated others in the past just to get what the wanted....it goes both ways..

Wasn't talking about divers doing the minipulation, but I guess you missed the point. Also a board is to not just talk about diving, it's supposed to inform those unaware of issues that are "dive related" or why bother talking at all. Lets not tell the next diver whats going on and we can all just, um, stick our heads in the sand. Lets not fix problems, lets just let them drag on. Lets not take a stand and allow people to push us (and others) around. In other words, let the school yard bully win, again. That may be your way, but not mine. I still wish to go there and so do other divers, we all have the right to know the truth and the rules. Everyone has the right to be informed, how you react to it is an individual choice, but the most important thing is, "to be informed".

Just yesterday another was just that, informed, what if this thread no longer existed, he like many others wouldn't know. But I guess thats ok by you because 10 divers already know, guess that's enough.

Some things may take longer, so be it.

Huff-n-Puff:
Wasn't talking about divers doing the minipulation, but I guess you missed the point. Also a board is to not just talk about diving, it's supposed to inform those unaware of issues that are "dive related" or why bother talking at all. Lets not tell the next diver whats going on and we can all just, um, stick our heads in the sand. Lets not fix problems, lets just let them drag on. Lets not take a stand and allow people to push us (and others) around. In other words, let the school yard bully win, again. That may be your way, but not mine. I still wish to go there and so do other divers, we all have the right to know the truth and the rules. Everyone has the right to be informed, how you react to it is an individual choice, but the most important thing is, "to be informed".

Just yesterday another was just that, informed, what if this thread no longer existed, he like many others wouldn't know. But I guess thats ok by you because 10 divers already know, guess that's enough.

Some things may take longer, so be it.

My point was it's been discussed, investigated and we all can look back to this thread to see what happened and act appropriately.

It's now a dead horse being flogged by a couple of sadists who like to whip barnyard animals.

If I forget the results I'll find the thread right here where we left it. Or should we instead drive up to Parliment Hill and recommend a national holiday lest we forget the Rockport public boat ramp is public access. All we need is a candle light vigil and a song of peace.

Melodrama....And again join us next week for another episode of...
As The Bubbles Rise...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom