Underwater wedding?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cudachaser:
The vows were on slate...2 weeks later we registered with Palm Beach county...so I guess it's legal
That could be useful loophole for either of you if you wanted a quick divorce - just say you took the vows under pressure! ;^D

My Guiness Book of Records says:

"On 14 February 2001 (Valentine's Day) 34 couples from 22 countries simultaneously exchanged vows 10m underwater off Kradan Island, southern Thailand. Couples received waterproof cetificates before removing their mouthpieces for a watery kiss."

Makes you wonder if they DIR on the honeymoons...

K.

NaCL H2O gal:
Just wanted to know if anyone here has ever been married underwater and if so, would they do it again?
This ranks down there with bungee and skydiving weddings. Is it a ceremony, or a stunt? Well, some marriages are a stunt, but...

No wonder over 50% of marriages don't last anymore. It's no longer a bond, but a joint publicity stunt.

I do not know al of the details but one of the instructors at my LDS married his wife underwater. I believe that they wore FFM's with coms and their family and friends who did not dive were in a glass bottom boat with a speaker. I am pretty sure they did it somewhere in FL. I will be in the shop later this week and will ask the other people there if they know the details since he does not work many hours.

TTSkipper

Diver Lori:
There's an article, complete with pictures, in this month's Underwater Speleology of a cave diving couple who got married in a cave in Northern Florida by a cave diving minister. Drop me your email by private message and I'll scan and send you the page from the magazine.

Please send me link or name of the place. My financee and I would like to do get married soon underwater would be very awesome and suit us. We live in NW Florida so this just may be what we are looking for.

everyone_smile_plz@yahoo.com

Thanks!

jromero:
Please send me link or name of the place. My financee and I would like to do get married soon underwater would be very awesome and suit us. We live in NW Florida so this just may be what we are looking for.

everyone_smile_plz@yahoo.com

Thanks!
You might do better with a PM to Lori, its unlikely she is still watching this thread more than a year later (and since it was started). :wink:

simbrooks:
You might do better with a PM to Lori, its unlikely she is still watching this thread more than a year later (and since it was started). :wink:

Thanks, still new around here have to learn what all to look for.

Jody

mempilot:
This ranks down there with bungee and skydiving weddings. Is it a ceremony, or a stunt? Well, some marriages are a stunt, but...

No wonder over 50% of marriages don't last anymore. It's no longer a bond, but a joint publicity stunt.
Our own JustLeesa just got married underwater, and it looked like it was a beautiful ceremony. Don't be so quick to judge. :wink:

congratulations lisa. :cheers:

did you travel to the cathedrals off lanai?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom