Underwater wedding?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My current wife and I started planning for our wedding back in 1979...Went Georgia where all her relatives are...Since this was the second time around for me, the plans were over whellming for me, so on the way back to Florida, I said "Lets Elope" We scheduled to do a livaboard dive in the Bahamas when we returned on the "Impossible Dream" I knew the Capt & crew real well so I proposed this marriage to happen at sea. Captain's wife calls back and says "I'm a notary...lets do it underwater" We did off Lucaya Bahamas in 25ft of water. Well 24 years later, we are still (I think legally) married with 2 boys now in college, broke financially as you could be with college kids but still still together

This will be the second time around for me, also and since I have no desire to do the "white dress big wedding" thing I thought that something outrageous is in order. BTW, How did you say "I do"?

The vows were on slate...2 weeks later we registered with Palm Beach county...so I guess it's legal

NaCL H2O gal once bubbled...
This will be the second time around for me, also and since I have no desire to do the "white dress big wedding" thing I thought that something outrageous is in order.

LOL, i have been married to my bride for 4 1/2 years now and we were the same way, didnt want to do anything "traditional" either being we both had been married before so we got married at a nudist camp in Georgia. :)

steve

There's an article, complete with pictures, in this month's Underwater Speleology of a cave diving couple who got married in a cave in Northern Florida by a cave diving minister. Drop me your email by private message and I'll scan and send you the page from the magazine.

a cave diving couple who got married in a cave in Northern Florida by a cave diving minister.

Hmmmm...a diving minister. I wonder how I would go about finding one of those. This will be a good winter project for me. Anyone with any info, please send! Thanks!

I goofed. I correct myself. The cave diving wedding was in Roubidoux in Missouri, not Florida. Nonetheless, it was underwater!!

Lori, thanks for sending me the wedding pictures! I am not sure if it is something I definitely would do or not but it's sure a fun concept. I don't know if my family would ever forgive me as they would not be able to attend (Hmmmm, maybe that's not such a bad thing) but I am still going to look further into it.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom