Underwater Treasure hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seadoggirl

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been talking about this for three summers but I really want to do it. An underwater Treasure hunt complete with clues at sites both on land and off shore. We could do it in teams with new clues each week. Hints on Scubaboard each week to the location of the next clue. Something like this was done years ago down here. Anybody got any suggestions on how to make it fun?

The end of the trail of crumbs is a TREASURE! Chas' group did this several years ago. He said it was fun. If folks are interested, I'll be master pirate and hide clues, etc. Doesn't it sound like fun

My suggestion is a one day affair that could lead into a seasonal thing. I was only half kidding about the geocache idea. I really think it is a great idea.

Would these clues lead out into offshore sites often? :p Sounds expensive.

Yeah, Seadoggirl, don't you only do boat dives??

My luck one of the stops would be the paddlewheeler heheh

seadoggirl:
I've been talking about this for three summers but I really want to do it. An underwater Treasure hunt complete with clues at sites both on land and off shore. We could do it in teams with new clues each week. Hints on Scubaboard each week to the location of the next clue. Something like this was done years ago down here. Anybody got any suggestions on how to make it fun?

=====================================

They are fun. Orbit Marine up in Connecticut used to run one every year out in the Long Island Sound. They loaded prizes/gift certificates in weighted containers. Everyone lined up in their boats as the Orbit Marine boat cruised way dropping the containers randomly along a line. Then the gun sounded and divers hit the water. Viz was ridiculously bad and the water was pretty darned cold. But when all was said and done just about everyone came up with at least one prize in their hand and everyone had a good time.

I'm thinking that clues would be mostly easily accessible either on shore or shore dives or some wreck dives. Somebody was right, I don't shore dive but I'm just hiding the clues, my gear isn't going to get that sandy. If we are diving in teams, you could share the cost of the boats, or have a team member goes for it. If the clues are on popular well traveled sites that the LDS's all do, then they could be involved. I don't know, I'm looking for suggestions. Maybe the LDS's would give us prizes. Maybe we make it like the amazing race and it takes place over a long weekend. We do a dive and dine weekend. My beach house is available for crazy out of towners. Looking for suggestions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom