Underwater time-lapse photography. Anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNav

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
I have few questions regarding the subject.

If you are familiar with time-lapse photography, have you ever done it underwater?
Or have you ever thought about doing it?
Or, if you already do it, what equipment do you use?

Thanks

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I believe certain models of Sea Life cameras have that feature. Also, if you shoot with Canon DSLR, you can use Magic Lantern.

You might contact the folks at Backscatter in Monterey. A couple of years ago, when I was down there diving at Lobos, they were doing some work with time-lapse.

I assume you want to take timelapse underwater at fixed focus, this straightforward with a gopro not so with many cameras however in some cases you can put a rubber string and a piece of tac to keep the shutter pressed this usually goes around 1 fps depending on the camera
You will need some kind of tripod or more cheaply a tray and a weight belt

I havent tested it and I would be really worried about my camera getting stolen if I where to leave the camera for longer than when I would be down there with it..

Back
Top Bottom