Underwater Smartphone Housings (Easydive Leo3 vs CarbonArm DiveShot)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve been considering the kraken. Just still trying to get past the thought of taking my cell phone diving as my camera.
Same thoughts here. I am going to buy a used one or a new one one model back specifically for diving in my kraken. The good thing about using a phone over camera is that when you are done diving you can easily back your pictures up to the cloud. and if you want to post them thats a snap to do right away.

I am curious about using the smartphone as a smaller lightweight UW camera. What about lighting? It seems that without lighting the usefulness would be rather limited to shallow bright daylight dives.
I am going to get this to try. I will either get a base and light holder or go cheap and get this wrist holder to aim. I cant attest to how well it will work but Ill see when i use it

video light
DGX PUSH Handheld Light Kit - Video Beam

wrist holder
DGX Soft Handmount

I had a look at the Easydive units and a good play and decided after a few hours of demos to go with the Kraken (branded in the UK as Weefine) Housing.

Can’t wait to try it out, seems like great value for money!

I had a look at the Easydive units and a good play and decided after a few hours of demos to go with the Kraken (branded in the UK as Weefine) Housing.

Can’t wait to try it out, seems like great value for money!
Post some results

Back
Top Bottom