Underwater Reading Lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AFAIK they're all made by the same manufacturer, OPTX. They seem to make two sizes: 1.2" diameter for use with sunglasses and 1.6" diameter. They market the 1.6" model as both DiveOptx and MagnOptx. As far as I can tell they are made out of the same material and work the same way.

The larger size might be better for a dive mask as the mask lens is further from your eyes than sunglasses would be. So, a larger size gives you a wider field of magnified vision.

I got the lenses I ordered via eBay. Took about a week to get here. Great price and no customs duty. They are the real deal made by Optx.

With that price difference would be worth it to start your own import company :)
Yep... for another $60 you can get a SeaVision gauge reader mask (I gave up on the Dive Optx... they worked well for a few dives, but I needed something with a bit more stamina...).

Yep... for another $60 you can get a SeaVision gauge reader mask (I gave up on the Dive Optx... they worked well for a few dives, but I needed something with a bit more stamina...).

Thanks for that. I didn't know anyone did that sort of correction in a mask.

Hi, I got the dive optx and have no problem at all with it staying in place. My problem is with fogging. Whether I use spit, toothpaste, or baby shampoo the stick-on lenses fog like crazy. I really like the product except for this one detail. Would appreciate of others had the same problem and what they found the solution/s to be. thanks

Back
Top Bottom