Underwater Pumpkin Carvin 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Thanks to everyone that made our annual Halloween Dive another big success. We had some great prizes and the winner this year hit the trifecta for winning first place 3 years in a row! We had underwater pumpkin carving and a Halloween Costume Contest. It was an awesome event followed up with a couple deep fried turkeys and all the fixins
04.gif

If you have never done this, its a great event! Go grab some pumpkins and a dive buddy and have fun

Enjoy a brief overview in this video(double click for bigger version): There is music, so if your at work, turn it down...if your not, turn it up
04.gif

PS- yes, that is a real fish by the buoyancy course :wink:

Holy Cow.. what kind of fish was that?
It sure looks like your club had a BLAST! I want to come and play with you guys next year!!!

The dive club was there, and ALOT of just normal customers showed up to party....some that just finished classes and decided to stay for the festivities we put on :D It was AWESOME, the video doesn't even do the day justice. You are more than welcome to join us next year! We gave away over $1500 in prizes, so you can see why people get competitive :wink: (Sealife Digital Camera, Oceanic Geo Dive Computer, Zeagle Flathead 6 reg, Pinnacle Elastiprene 3mm, etc)....

That fish is a paddle fish. They really are unique and prehistoric looking fish. Here is the full video clip of it:
YouTube - Paddle fish at Haigh Quarry

Looked like fun, won't even moan about pumpkin guts my student had to swim through Sunday afternoon LOL, as long as you don't complain about the pumpkin guts from the week before when we had our u/w pumpkin carving

Looked like fun, won't even moan about pumpkin guts my student had to swim through Sunday afternoon LOL, as long as you don't complain about the pumpkin guts from the week before when we had our u/w pumpkin carving

Never :D

Look like you had a blast! Our pumpkin dive is this coming Saturday (it'll be my first) but I doubt we'll have the crowd you did.

Look like you had a blast! Our pumpkin dive is this coming Saturday (it'll be my first) but I doubt we'll have the crowd you did.

Gotta start somewhere. This is only the 3rd year.

First year, 6 people carving pumpkins no costumes
Second year, 10 people carving 3 with costumes
Third year, 40+ people, 25 carving with 23 of them in costumes

It can grow quick :wink:

That paddle fish is awesome!!!!! I've never seen one before.

Boy, I'll have to check flights for IL... this looks like too much fun to miss. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom