Underwater marriage proposal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me know if you want to do the wedding underwater. :)

Me too. I proposed during one of Scubaboard's Megadive events at Ginnie Springs, FL.

I had the jewler make an identical "stunt ring" because I didn't want to risk losing the real diamond in the bottom of a cavern.

I've never proposed but I've filmed several underwater weddings. One (between two of my dive friends) was rather humorous when kelp bass kept getting caught in the veil because they mistook the round lead weights for peas. The officient (another dive friend) had to keep freeing them during the ceremony.

May I ask what is this trend of proposing under water? Is it something that drives girls wild? What am I missing? Seems like the most awkward place to propose. How a girl supposed to communicate: thank you, but no, thank you? Is there a scuba sign for this?

To share ones hobbies and ask the big Q is a kool thing! I asked in a hot air balloon over Sedona! If I asked her under water, she would have choked:)

Me too. I proposed during one of Scubaboard's Megadive events at Ginnie Springs, FL.

I had the jewler make an identical "stunt ring" because I didn't want to risk losing the real diamond in the bottom of a cavern.

She looks like she is trying to get away!

May I ask what is this trend of proposing under water? Is it something that drives girls wild? What am I missing? Seems like the most awkward place to propose. How a girl supposed to communicate: thank you, but no, thank you? Is there a scuba sign for this?
It seemed like it would be both fun and memorable. You communicate with full facemasks and a comms unit, as we did in my video. People seem to manage it without, but the comms felt better imo. I guess if you didn't have comms, and it was a no then she gives the one finger salute before swimming away.

Last edited:
@Aguaventures TV Are you going to do the wedding underwater too?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom