Understanding Mares lineup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same here. Nobody is leaking anything anymore.

It's too bad if you are a Mares fan and like to service your own regs. They actually have a couple of new functional designs for the first time in decades with their new TBP coldwater kit and balanced adjustable second stages. They have even introduced a metal-bodied adjustable second.

Second_Stage_Mob_EN_4.jpg

Ooh, cool..

Do yo have an abyss schematic per chance?
Everything Zef and I have is at Mares Regulator Service Manuals and Info

The best exploded photo is in the German 2016 manual. It has English labels. The others are traditional schematics.

The primary difference between the pre-2008 and all later models is that they added a port on the opposite side of the case from where the lever attaches to make it easier to work on.

If you can come up with more recent schematics or manuals, I'll be more than happy to put it up on the site.

Everything Zef and I have is at Mares Regulator Service Manuals and Info

The best exploded photo is in the German 2016 manual. It has English labels. The others are traditional schematics.

The primary difference between the pre-2008 and all later models is that they added a port on the opposite side of the case from where the lever attaches to make it easier to work on.

If you can come up with more recent schematics or manuals, I'll be more than happy to put it up on the site.

Thanks. If I can get them I'll forward them to you. I'll post back either way. I've asked for both.

Thanks. If I can get them I'll forward them to you. I'll post back either way. I've asked for both.
That would be great. While you are at it, I think the 62X first (with TBP) and the Dual Adj second are the most relevant from their other new gear. And then maybe the 82X because of the turret.

Do yo have an abyss schematic per chance?

Attached is a PDF with pages culled from the German service manual : one is a photo with the parts laid out and labeled, the exploded diagram of the current version of the Abyss 2nd stage, and the parts list.

I have also attached the 2012 Service Manual, which is in English. The Abyss 2nd stage is on page S12-7 of the manual (page 34 of the PDF document).

-Z

Attachments

• Mares Abyss Exploded view and parts list.pdf
    174.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Mares Service Manual (2012 - English).pdf
    5.9 MB · Views: 708
That would be great. While you are at it, I think the 62X first (with TBP) and the Dual Adj second are the most relevant from their other new gear. And then maybe the 82X because of the turret.

If I can get the first two I'll take a run at these.

Reactions: Zef
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom