Undergarment/layer for under 7mm wetsuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the fourth element thermocline line, I have the Jacket & Leggings, going to get the hooded vest next. Warm fleece lining made with recycled fishing nets, so much easier to slide on a thinker wetsuit with these babies on. Neutrally buoyant with a 2mm protection.

I think when someone is acclimated to a different climate and/or has very different cold tolerance in general, it can be hard to understand how it is for them. How do you know she’ll be fine in July and August?

It might work out, and she might get more acclimated to the cold in a couple years. Or, how this might go is, you spend lots of money buying all sorts of add on layers and bits to try and make diving wet ok for her. And either she hates it and quits, or she winds up with a drysuit eventually anyway. Just something to think about.

Scuba dive in the warmer months; limit the duration to 50 minutes. Wear neoprene gloves and a thicker hood.
I sometimes use UnderArmour ColdGear with the Thermoreactive lining. Works well and makes getting the suit on and off easier. I use a 7MM Bare Reactive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom