Undercurrent Review of Coz!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the oddest discussions I have seen...wait...I can't be sued for that comment, can I?

Let's see if I can make this plain:

If you have an issue with the way this board is operated, please use site support or contact me personally: the Coz forum is NOT the place for it. If you have an unhealthy interest in ATTACKING a long term member of this board, then you have a problem that I don't want to deal with. I would suggest that you inform your counsel that you are currently seeking another forum to vent your venom. Have a nice life.

Thnaks Pete...hopfully we won't see the likes of that poster again.The poster was also very vocal on another thread that was finally (thankfully) closed a few weeks ago....

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

The user aschburner seems to be a legit user. He is free to have an opinion about who to use on this forum just as anyone else.

"Pile-ons" and other anti-social behaviors won't be tolerated.

The user aschburner seems to be a legit user. He is free to have an opinion about who to use on this forum just as anyone else.

That's fine Pete... delete my post questioning the legitimacy of an apparent spammer... after all, what good is censorship? But don't delete my posts (opinion) that object to the flagrant disregard to marine life as displayed by aschburner and his operator of choice. This opinion is commonly shared among the majority divers I know and the active participants in the Cozumel forum! If that is a pile-on, well EXCUSE ME!

tool.jpg

Last edited:

I'll risk taking one for the team here.

NetDoc, with all due respect, if you look at aschburner's post history you'll see where the issue stems from. I personally reported his post in this thread per one of the very reasons of why the "report" button exists, which is to report spam.

If you take a look at aschburner's post history, you'll see that within the past 24 hours or so he/she has bumped multiple threads - some several years old - solely for the purpose of cross posting and advertising. Your phrasing about being "free to have an opinion" makes it sound like everyone was getting on aschburner's case for this one post. I do not feel that is an accurate representation of the problem.

I suspect that the problem in this thread is a misunderstanding. During the time I've been reading this forum, I would say that it would be very unusual and out of character for the regulars here such as DandyDon, Christi, and the others to crucify someone for merely posting an opinion of a dive shop.

To the contrary, the reality of the situation is that aschburner has been spamming the forums for the purpose of advertising. It is quite blatant. So blatant that I'm not sure how you do not see it. Check his/her post history, and you will see. No disrespect intended to you. I am, of course, not you. I am not you, nor am I trying to dictate how to run the show. Understand that I am interjecting here in an effort to hopefully clear up what I believe to possibly be a simple misunderstanding.

If this is not a simple misunderstanding, can you please remind us, in this thread, what is considered to be spam, advertising, and cross posting? This is an honest question - not being sarcastic or snarky here.

Thank you. I enjoy this forum very much, and would personally hate to see it become littered with ads.

Last edited:
I see my post got deleted as well. I was also observing the poor taste of Aschburners photo where he is molesting a poor Trunkfish. Then I see Pascual's website where he is grabbing onto a Moray Eel. It is sad because the next time that Trunkfish and Eel see a diver they are going to flee like a bat out of hell. Who can blame them? I simply cringe when I read about a dive op being promoted when there are photos of the paying diver and DM blatently breaking marine park rules. Makes me wonder what they are doing when not being photographed.

I see my post got deleted as well. I was also observing the poor taste of Aschburners photo where he is molesting a poor Trunkfish. Then I see Pascual's website where he is grabbing onto a Moray Eel. It is sad because the next time that Trunkfish and Eel see a diver they are going to flee like a bat out of hell. Who can blame them? I simply cringe when I read about a dive op being promoted when there are photos of the paying diver and DM blatently breaking marine park rules. Makes me wonder what they are doing when not being photographed.

Not only is there a photo of the operator molesting marine life on his website, but in Aschburners photo album there are photos of PASCUAL holding the trunkfish...I guess he "caught" it and then passed it around to at least two divers as photographed in the photo album. Anyone that knows my posting history knows that I don't disparage other dive ops on the island, but this behavior is inexcusable and should not be condoned.

normal_IMAG0186.JPG

THIS IS FRIGGIN RIDICULOUS!!!!! Yet our posts are being deleted! :no: For crying our loud, these are not game fish!

Not sure what kind of community you are trying to create here Pete but if this is it, please accept my resignation effective immediately!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom