Undercurrent Review of Coz!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

domino22

Contributor
Reaction score
Here we go again! Undercurrent April 2006 review by the famous Doc Vikingo of the current conditions and recomendations on Cozumel diving post hurricanes. I got the hard copy today and had to post after saying I would stay off this site. I think he gives a good view of the current conditions that will upset others to hear. I think his review is honest with out misleading photos only facts as he see's it. This man has a strong following and he shoots straight and tells the facts. READ IT!!

Try this link: http://www.undercurrent.org/
Undercurrent is a monthly newsletter covering diving locations and scuba news. It is also the publisher of the "Chapbook" which you may have seen, an annual compilation of user submitted reviews of dive operations worldwide. I subscribe, which also grants me access to their website materials. I suspect copyright laws prohibit posting of the full article. The reviews in the newsletter and chapbook have been very helpful to me in planning my dive travels, I'd definitely consider subscribing. I look forward to getting my copy domino22, I just returned from my first visit to Cozumel.

Anyone care to offer a summary?

slingshot:
Try this link: http://www.undercurrent.org/
Undercurrent is a monthly newsletter covering diving locations and scuba news. It is also the publisher of the "Chapbook" which you may have seen, an annual compilation of user submitted reviews of dive operations worldwide. I subscribe, which also grants me access to their website materials. I suspect copyright laws prohibit posting of the full article. The reviews in the newsletter and chapbook have been very helpful to me in planning my dive travels, I'd definitely consider subscribing. I look forward to getting my copy domino22, I just returned from my first visit to Cozumel.

Thanks, I will subscribe then.

I subscribe to undercurrent and can't find it either. However, as MMM said, based on his brief report on Scubadiving.com after his return, I suspect I know the jest of it...and it was MUCH more objective than domino's report. However, and I'm not at all afraid to say, that his report carries no more weight than anyone else's...they are all a matter of opinion. Of all of the report's I have read, ggunn's daily reports from when he was here, moodiejeff's ongoing report during his visit, and MMM's reports have been the most balanced and objective reports I have read.

Online, you don't get the recent issues until 3 months after publication.

I agre with christi. What I saw of Doc's review seemed to be objective IMHO. Now I would like to see what his opionion on the dive sites are like.

Either way I'm still going to in July, and I'm still going to have a blast. :D

DiverG:
I agre with christi. What I saw of Doc's review seemed to be objective IMHO. Now I would like to see what his opionion on the dive sites are like.

Either way I'm still going to in July, and I'm still going to have a blast. :D

I will also add to what I said above, that not only are the reports I mentioned above some of the most balanced reports I have read, the authors of those reports have more individual and collective first hand experience on the island in the last five years than DocV, who doesn't visit with as much frequency. Prior to the last trip, it had been over two years since his last visit.

Gordon comes down a couple of times a year for a week or two at a time consistently over the last 20 or so years; MMM, two or three times a year usually for two weeks at a time for the last several years; Jeff and Mia several times a year for at least a week for the last few years.

My point is that there are several other Cozumel "experts" whose opinions and accounts have just as much if not more credibility and first hand experience on the island as Doc. This is simply fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom