Undercurrent Review of Coz!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
awap:
How many jumps are you going for? Are you planning on tag and release or a nice wall mount. What are you going to do with your 2000th post?

I didn't realize it was Post 2000. Don't I get a pin or something?

How many jumps...? Marlin jumps, do you mean? All I can get. I will be going fishing, but I am a tag and release guy when it comes to billfish. Dorado (mahi mahi) though, are another story; two of our suitcases are Igloo rolling ice chests. I brought back about 20 pounds of dorado filets last year.

ggunn:
Dorado (mahi mahi) though, are another story; two of our suitcases are Igloo rolling ice chests. I brought back about 20 pounds of dorado filets last year.

The Yankee in me still knows them as dolphin. Nothing better on the grill. Enjoy

I just stumbled on this thread; haven't seen the undercurrent article. I've been diving with Roberta's dive op many times over the last few years and have always had a great experience. Calling her op a "cattle boat" op is pretty funny. But, since she bought blue bubble divers, she's gotten some more referral divers from other shops, which it appears this group was, and as such, she's dealing with a wider range of divers' abilities and experience. Anyhow, I'm not sure which captain and DM was involved, but in at least 75 dives with her op, I've never encountered any behavior on the part of a DM or captain working for her that was unprofessional in any way.

I strongly suspect that the original poster's account is simply not accurate. Apparently he was experiencing some strong negative emotions about the whole event; shaking before the dive. (unless he was just cold?) Diving with more experienced friends, maybe not wanting to be humiliated by calling the dive despite some serious anxiety, having it not go well; all these things, if true, would certainly indicate to me a less than objective perspective on the whole thing.

My comments on this are speculation based on what I've read and on my prior experience with this dive op.

I stayed off of this thread for a long time. I don't know the dive op or Roberta at all, so I really didn't have much to say, except...

I have done a lot of diving in Cozumel, and most have been excellent experiences. I have had a couple that were not so good, but nothing as bad as this, even by Roberta's version of the story.

I once has a DM check the current, and then, incredibly, lead us against it.

I once had the op put together a boat of supposed professionals and mistakenly include a first time diver, leading to a less than stellar dive situation.

I was once mistakenly left off the manifest for my dive, so I had to get on the last slow boat instead of the fast boat I had signed up for.

In the first two, I mentioned the situation to the op--with no expectations that any action would be taken. In the third, I didn't say a word.

In all three cases, my money was fully refunded, without my asking for it.

Since Roberta admitted that the captain made an error that led to a bad situation, perhaps a little more could have been done.

domino22:
Well I thought my first post was current <snip>

Heavy sigh. Here we go again...

domino22:
This is all about damage control and money. I told bigjetdriver who pulled my "threating post" off this site that I would seek counsel and I did and what I was told by counsel was to keep to the facts. And I have. This is my opinon of what I saw.

Here's the rub:
Unless you are a qualified monitoring ecologist, fact and opinion are mutually exclusive as they relate to local habitat damage.

I think what your legal counsel meant to say was, stick to direct observations made, avoid extrapolation and analysis.

You are seeking *counsel* about message board posts?

lol

:)

Brules:
You are seeking *counsel* about message board posts?

lol

:)

Maybe he is confusing "counsel" with "counseling"... ;^)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom