Under-underwear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vesebr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm doing my first drysuit dive in open water tomorrow, and it should be pretty chilly. I bought a set of Fourth Element Xenotherm underwear (top, bottom, socks), but what I wanted to know is, should I wear anything underneath them? I know they're a special wicking material, etc. Am I supposed to go commando?

Sorry for the newbie question, but this isn't really the type of thing that the books mention!

I won't go commando......

I wear a "bike shorts" style swimsuit and a Nike tec running t-shirt.........

This way I can easily wash those after the day of diving...........:)

Hope this helps......M

No cotton underwear , synthetic only
.. I hear Underarmor is good but I bet any wicking type underwear would work too
.. I also hear that on the boat, discreetly changing into your drysuit underwear while wearing underarmor or the type is OK to do in mixed company (havent done it yet, always wore swim trunks over mine)

i have no dry-suit experience but i guess if i were you id take some regular swim trunks and a lycra shirt (rash guard).

I have the Fourth Element Arctic. Under the top I wear a silk top along with a smart wool long sleeve. Sometime I will include poly-prop bottom.
I get cold easy and this setup works well enough for me diving 39 degree water.

Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom