Seaskin Nova 3mm neoprene socks water temp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
finally made a decision to buy a Seaskin nova with the 3mm compressed neoprene sock option + Altama MA-M shoes.

What water temperature will 3mm neoprene socks keep your feet warm in (no socks, just bare feet inside drysuit)? At which temperature should I wear something like heavy wool socks or something else (I was looking at the fourth element arctic socks Fourth Element Arctic Socks, Black)

Never used a drysuit before

finally made a decision to buy a Seaskin nova with the 3mm compressed neoprene sock option + Altama MA-M shoes.

What water temperature will 3mm neoprene socks keep your feet warm in (no socks, just bare feet inside drysuit)? At which temperature should I wear something like heavy wool socks or something else (I was looking at the fourth element arctic socks Fourth Element Arctic Socks, Black)

Never used a drysuit before
I dove mine without socks in 47° water 3 weeks ago. I only did that because I forgot my socks at the condo and didn't want to drive back. I didn't get cold but it wasn't all that wonderful either. I wear regular work boot socks and do fine on those temps as well.

I wear wool socks with Nova (w/ neo socks) for all dives. It's more comfortable and less sweaty/clammy on the feet.
NY/NJ diving right?

nope... canada....Great Lakes diving
can you recommend a specific brand or type of wool socks? what bottom temperature do you dive in in the great lakes?

varies with site and depth, and season of course, but I'd average it out to say "the 40s" on the deeper stuff. I just wear regular merino hiking socks...nothing fancy and certainly nothing dive specific.

Bombas wool socks, 45 degree water, DUI rock boots, feet warm. But that could also be from the Seaskin 250 weight undergarment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom