Under Pressure Diving Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaptJT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hope your diving year is going well. The boat has been running out of Hatteras and making it out the last 5 of 6 charters has been pretty good. We went to the Dixie Arrow and Keshena on June 4 for our first discount Friday trip with a full boat. Vis had dropped on the DA from 70ft to 30ft with the same on the Keshena. Sharks were still there in great supply as well as many other fish. Sat. we pushed on to the Far East Tanker with AWD, Tamaulipas, a 6,943 ton tanker sunk in 155 fsw by the U-552 on 4/10/42 the forecast and shore breeze lead me to think we wouldn't make it there........I was wrong. Seas were very small for the long boat ride there. Everyone just slept in their bunks. The wreck was great, vis an easy 70-80ft temp ranged from 71-76 degrees. What a great dive, easily making everyone very happy. Next we hit the British Splendor on the way in which while not as good it was fun, but only because we had did the the FETanker first. Any other day the BS would have been a great dive also. Hope to have some photos up on my site soon, they are already on Facebook courtesy of Mike Boring.

Under Pressure next outing will be June 11 discount friday and still has space, followed by Sat which has two spots open, Sunday is full. Here is the full schedule for you Under Pressure Dive Schedule

The Under Pressure is also going to the Monitor this year for two expeditions, a total of eight days and I have added a page for the expedition that will have daily updates once it starts which still has a couple of spots for the right diver.

Monitor Expedition 2010 on the Under Pressure

Be Safe
Capt JT

Capt JT-

My buddy and I (both AOW) are in Nags Head for the week, and would be interested in diving on Friday. Any idea which wreck you're headed to? We'd both love to dive a U-boat.

Capt JT-

My buddy and I (both AOW) are in Nags Head for the week, and would be interested in diving on Friday. Any idea which wreck you're headed to? We'd both love to dive a U-boat.

I won't be going to the U boat 701 (only one in Hatteras, we do have the Tarpon a US sub), I only go to the 701 when the boat is chartered, to far and requires some understanding about the trip. Discount Friday's are limited to 16 miles offshore and 100ft max depth, any wreck within those perimeters is fair game depending on weather. You can call me if you need more info 757-537-6524.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom