Unconscious diver rescue on video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bombay High

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am posting this link here, and not in the Commercial Divers forum, because I think in light of the incident with the severed umbilical, more people may be interested in seeing this. Moderators may move it if they wish.
This is from a Comex training video, but involves a famous incident of a diver injured and knocked unconscious in an underwater explosion, and his rescue by his Bellman.

comex3 - YouTube!

Thank you for posting this. It's a whole other world than those of recreational diving, like myself.

Thank you for posting this. It's a whole other world than those of recreational diving, like myself.

Yes, there are so many contingencies we have to prepare for, and then there are the other scenarios (such as a hydrogen bubble exploding) that you cant prepare for ... but as you can see from the video, the response was fantastic.

no truer words than what he said "Give yourself a plan to work to so you can put it into operation quickly". That is what rescue diving is about. Knowledge to have a plan to put in place.

Very impressive. Training, practice, training, practice but can you act on your training in an emergency? It's not in everyone.

Very impressive. Training, practice, training, practice but can you act on your training in an emergency? It's not in everyone.

Saturation diving is really not for everyone. Whatever your problems underwater, you need to find a solution right there. To be able to stay calm and apply your training when your life or your partners life is on the line is not so easy in practice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom