UM Photography Theme - 7/25 - 8/15 - My Wish List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It took me several days to find something worth posting in this thread. After all, if it's on my wish list, then I probably don't have a photo to post. Then inspiration came to me...

Here's my wish list:

Big sharks, whales, and dolphins...and at the other end of the scale, small juveniles such as dancing peas (itty bitty trunkfish) and juvy angelfish.

I found a very small French(?) Angelfish in Roatan last month. I took dozens of shots and this the best that I got. He was only about 1/4 inch in length and was bouncing all over the place. The shutter lag on my Oly 5060 makes it very hard to get a quick photo.

JuvenileAngelfish.jpg

Anybody else have one of these to post?

David

what a cutie! not easy to get a picture..with the dancing and the black coloring...good job :wink:

I was able to capture one in St John in the USVI. Quick little things and very hyperactive!! My Cam then was a Minolta Dimage XG (shutter lag is ridicolous and its just about one of the worst P&S cams for underwater photography) but I snapped like over a dozen shots of it and these are the best I got. Very cute, I like that it is next to the sea urchin as you get an idea of its size. Encountered pretty much the same problems you did.

205102585_75b7def20b_o.jpg

205102584_846aa09255_o.jpg

Sharks!!!

Sharks, Sharks and did I mention sharks?
And nudibranchs.

Here are what I've been able to knock off my list so far, a bunch of blues off So Cal and a few whalE sharks off La Paz. Going back in less than and week, hopefully I'll have more for you soon.

View attachment 35599

View attachment 35597

View attachment 35598

Ken, your BSB pics rock. RAW makes such a difference. Here's the closest I've gotten to a really good kelp shot so far. I call it kelp cathedral.

View attachment 35600

OMG, Ken, what an experience! Great shots!

Where did you find Mr. Big?

I don't suppose there's much chance of me seeing one in Cortez mid-September?

Jcsgt:
I don't suppose there's much chance of me seeing one in Cortez mid-September?

Excellent chance, but they won't be around Cabo San Lucas where you are going to be. They are in LA Bay and La Paz Bay at that time of year. September and October IMHO are the best months. They run boat trips out of La Paz for them, and seeing them from a panga in LA Bay is easily arranged.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom