UM Photography Theme - 7/25 - 8/15 - My Wish List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
We all have a list with those critters, things and places we really want to see. What has been on your wish list and you have been lucky enough for it to come true?

Frogfish! I've been dying to get some photos of these critters.
Doesn't help that they're so wonderfully camoflauged!

frogfish_large.jpg

frogfish.jpg

frogfish.jpg

Ah! Finally! someone posted :D (people don't seem to like my themes)

Great pics though! When I look for frog fish I try to spot the hump or the fan of their "feet"...if the mouth is open wide enough you can see a white/light stripe. The also seem to like high, freestandin places - find them a lot on wrecks (not that I haven't found them in other places)

CalicoFr_HM103.jpg

babyb2_HM103.jpg

justleesa:
Ah! Finally! someone posted :D (people don't seem to like my themes)

Great pics though! When I look for frog fish I try to spot the hump or the fan of their "feet"...if the mouth is open wide enough you can see a white/light stripe. The also seem to like high, freestandin places - find them a lot on wrecks (not that I haven't found them in other places)

Ahhh ok, thanks for that leesa.
So what critters are on your list that you haven't photographed yet??

hmmm..I would like to get a picture of the Dragon Moray (Have seen him, but haven't gotten a picture), I would like to find some of the less common nudis and have a camera with me when I do. Manta Ray, great stingrays....I have seen them, but when I guide a tour, and I don't take a camera along :( Oh, Monk seal....and humback whales.

(PS: added some Froggies for you)

justleesa:
hmmm..I would like to get a picture of the Dragon Moray (Have seen him, but haven't gotten a picture), I would like to find some of the less common nudis and have a camera with me when I do. Manta Ray, great stingrays....I have seen them, but when I guide a tour, and I don't take a camera along :( Oh, Monk seal....and humback whales.

(PS: added some Froggies for you)

Well you're on my list Leesa, cause that would mean I'd A) be in Hawaii, and B) B Diving! :D

I'm with you Ron, I haven't been able to get to my favorite place on earth sence I bought my camera, so getting some Hawaiian indiginous critters would be cool, but actually, I'm still waiting for the "big wish", The Great Barrier Reef and large, white sharks! Whoo hoo!!

This was a long time comming, my first sea horse after 20+ years of diving:
SeaHorsea.jpg

sharky - you won't want the GBR for the great whites...they don't really hang out there. You want South Australia. Google for Port Lincoln to get started :wink:

Or come see me for the biggest guys - the whale sharks :D You'll have to plan for 2007, though!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom