Ultramar Ferry suspended for exceeding capacity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and literally the minute Barcos Caribe permanently ceased operations, Mexico Waterjets and Ultramar raised their ticket prices.

and literally the minute Barcos Caribe permanently ceased operations, Mexico Waterjets and Ultramar raised their ticket prices.
Coincindence.

Tomorrow the northern half of QR is returning to condition ‘Orange’ with business reduced to 30% capacity, with the governor warning that if the trend continues it may go to ‘red’ (lockdown).

upload_2021-1-24_11-27-14.png

Coronavirus increases put Cancun, Riviera Maya back to orange and with restrictions - Riviera Maya News

Yesterday the mayor of Cozumel announced that Cozumel will remain at level ‘Yellow’ (businesses at 60% capacity) and has verified that the pier in Playa is following sanitary protocols.

While Cancun and Riviera Maya regress to orange, Cozumel will continue in yellow - Riviera Maya News

I'm trying to talk myself into booking an August visit before the fares go up again, but it's challenging.

I'm trying to talk myself into booking an August visit before the fares go up again, but it's challenging.

You gotta believe by then things will be back to 90% normal - you have too....

I'm 54 and according to Mexico schedule, I get vaccinated in April here, long ways off but still something

I booked: August 16-25, plane, hotel, dive op, trip insurance. Now to see how much the airline jerks me around.

We can hope but many were saying the same thing last April. When we first started locking down - 14 days to flatten the curve, rah rah rah - many were saying by mid-summer (2020) things should be better but it might be late summer.

I think I heard the US say they'd be way far along by late spring in vaccinations, here they say mid 50's are scheduled for April - young people are great survivors of this thing..... All that and I'd think we'd be great by late summer but yeah - lot's have been said before....

We can hope but many were saying the same thing last April. When we first started locking down - 14 days to flatten the curve, rah rah rah - many were saying by mid-summer (2020) things should be better but it might be late summer.
Well, yes, but last year a lot of people were thinking (hoping) it would just go away on its own; we now know that that's not going to happen. The original plan of postponing the 2020 baseball season by two weeks seems laughable in retrospect.

Things are different now, not that there are any guarantees, but there are some different variables in play. I booked a trip in May, hoping for the best, but I am prepared to cancel or reschedule it if things aren't enough better for me to feel comfortable going.

Well, yes, but last year a lot of people were thinking (hoping) it would just go away on its own; we now know that that's not going to happen. The original plan of postponing the 2020 baseball season by two weeks seems laughable in retrospect.

Things are different now, not that there are any guarantees, but there are some different variables in play. I booked a trip in May, hoping for the best, but I am prepared to cancel or reschedule it if things aren't enough better for me to feel comfortable going.

I'm gonna have a Mariachi band at the airport or ferry dock for you!!! Fingers crossed the next few months go well...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom