Ultra lightweight and fast fin recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking for recommendations for really lightweight and quick style fins for a female. I am an australian size 8/US 38-40. I have an issue with weak ankles and knee problems at times. My partner has tusa imprex which seem good but wondering if anyone else has tried anything new and possibly better? Thanks:wink:

smaller, lighter, and faster sure, ForceFin Original, if you have weak ankles they will be perfect. Size, most likely Large, depending more on the bootie that you wear

OMS Slipstreams w/ spring straps of course.

I am looking for recommendations for really lightweight and quick style fins...

Why on earth do so many people seem to worry about going fast? Are folks regularly being chased by sharks or something?

:shakehead:

SLOW DOWN!

I promise that you will enjoy your diving so much more if you go slow, then slow down some more, then realize you're still moving too fast!

:D

World speed records have been set with full foot pocket fins.

They should also be lighter than their open heel equivalent. Some come with interchangeable blades. The blades can be plastic, fiberglass, carbon, etc.

It is best to use a light weight bootie or neoprene sock and try the fin on.
My sister has the TUSA Expert Zoom that she likes.

Many shops will allow the fins to be tried out in a pool.

Fins | Scuba Fins, Snorkeling Fins, Swim Fins at LeisurePro.com

Congratulations on making the Aussie Natioal Speed Diving Team. I know it's been one of your life's goals.

Many thanks for all your assistance and recommendations.

Re: wanting to go fast. It is actually to keep up with my partner. He uses less effort and goes further and faster ususally when we are returning back to our boat.

Happy diving
Miss Under H20
Australia

Point out to him that you have his emergency gas, so he might want to stick a little closer.

Remember smooth is fast. Speed comes from technique and efficiency. Ask you buddy to slow down so you can enjoy the dive and the both of you will be able to stay down longer. I your buddy dives like most do they will surface when you do vice versa.
If they do not want to slow down I would suggest finding a new buddy, one that you would enjoy diving with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom