Ultimate Getaway or live aboard to Dry Tortugas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone done this particular trip with this outfit?

Ultimate Getaway moved to the Great Lakes, not before stiffing a bunch of people, IIRC.
I'm not sure they stiffed anyone, except me for my boarding ramp that I lent them. But I know who to ask....

Has anyone done this particular trip with this outfit?
I used to see them out there a lot when I was running Spree. They ran a good trip, and they would custom make any trip you wanted. If you wanted Spearfishing Robert knew the great spots. If you wanted a comfortable yacht to sleep on with a chef, he's arrange it for you. If you wanted to camp on the beach, no problem.

I'd bring him ice and bud light.

His dad is a famous Key West center console fishing guide, so marlin, reef fish, 'hoo, etc. So is his brother. Hos new freeman catamaran is stable, fast, and very large, I've seen pictures of it and it's almost funny looking it's so big.

If you want fish, he's your guy. If you want to take pictures, he will take you, but he isn't going to be your guide, but folks who go to the Tortugas shouldn't need a guide. If you want to make a 2 or 3 day out of it, be prepared to sleep in a bean bag or tent on the beach.

That all sounds so awesome. Sigh.

6 pack. 3 dives, I would do it instant if I were in Key West, what an opportunity.

Just my personal opinion but if you want to see pretty coral and smaller fish at $2000/day and 70 miles one way from Key West, then Dry Tortugas is for you. (but Fort Jefferson is still closed-covid19)

But if you want to see alot of big fish at half that cost and only 20 miles from Key West then you want to dive the Marquesas Keys. And there are plenty of fishing boats (Finz boat included) that will run divers out there for a day trip and you are back at Mallory square to watch the sunset party.
If I wasn't on a comfy liveaboard for an overnite to the Tortugas, then I think Marquesas beats it hands down for incredible big fish out of Key West.

5URZYMOYEOBIJHICVTOO5RYAU4.jpg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom