Ukraine crisis and cost of helium

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Great, just great.

The shop in the Chicago area where I get helium said someone had asked about availability in early February. At that time a T bottle was $700 without delivery charges. Last spring it was $600 for a T, which resulted in $4.60/cft. My tech instructor in WI can’t get enough to fill OC.

Great, just great.

The shop in the Chicago area where I get helium said someone had asked about availability in early February. At that time a T bottle was $700 without delivery charges. Last spring it was $600 for a T, which resulted in $4.60/cft. My tech instructor in WI can’t get enough to fill OC.
how the hell does anyone afford that? must need a really really good job lol

how the hell does anyone afford that?

Rob banks:)

seems like the only way honestly lmao

I don't dive with He yet, but I do mix and pump all my own gas. I couldn't imagine going back to paying an arm and a leg for gas for each and every dive.

how the hell does anyone afford that? must need a really really good job lol

There’s a reason people who tech dive are often older and more established in their careers. Many of us are frugal as hell outside of diving. For a mix with 20% helium it was approximately $90 per tank, $180 per dive. Just for the helium. I get narked bad. Worth every penny to have the clear head.

I don't dive with He yet, but I do mix and pump all my own gas. I couldn't imagine going back to paying an arm and a leg for gas for each and every dive.
does the cost of equipment for that actually offset the cost of buying gas? a friend of mine has a compressor.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom