UK Light Cannon handle poll

As a Light Cannon owner what grip do you prefer?

• I would prefer a pistol grip

Votes: 29 38.7%
  • I would prefer a lantern grip

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I would prefer not to get a Light Cannon

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • I have no hands, I prefer a foot grip!

Votes: 10 13.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am considering purchasing the Light Cannon. I currently have a Lite Brite which is no comparison in britightness to the Light Cannon. I curently have a pistol grip, I thought I'd take a poll and see what the percentage of divers prefer either handle.

Caymanaic:)

the light head on the light cannon is identical and you can switch handles out if you can get both handles .
joens

Have you considered getting a canister light? You can mount the battery on your waiststrap and have a lighthead that is not as heavy as a lightcannon. This way the battery is out of the way and you can clip of the lighthead on your right chest D-ring when not in use, nice & streamlined.

PS: above suggestion assumes you are using a BP/wing setup.

Just joshin'

Got the pistol - but I steal wifie's lantern when we're not diving together.

I could buy half-a dozen light cannon's from eBay by the time I FTP a mid-line canister light.... makes it pretty price prohibitive for my entry point. Seeing as I do 10 or 15 day dives to each night dive, its a no brainer for me.

K

I've taken the grip off of mine and attach it to my helmet. Both hands free, no cannister to waist etc. You do look a bit like one of the Borg though....v. popular amongst UK sump divers...

Duncan

Duncan Price once bubbled...
I've taken the grip off of mine and attach it to my helmet. Both hands free, no cannister to waist etc. You do look a bit like one of the Borg though....v. popular amongst UK sump divers...

Duncan

On the helmet..i have always wondered how you avoid blinding your buddy when you look at him/her :confused:

sheck33 once bubbled...

On the helmet..i have always wondered how you avoid blinding your buddy when you look at him/her :confused:

What buddy? The vast majority of UK cave diving is solo - a buddy would be a hazard not a help....

When diving with a buddy you don't stare at them directly in the face in the same way you wouldn't point a hand held light in their eyes.

Duncan

caymaniac once bubbled...
I currently have a Lite Brite which is no comparison in britightness to the Light Cannon.
Caymanaic:)

I have a Lite Brite too...you can use it to make pictures with light. It has all these little colored pegs you press through the black paper which has the pattern on it. Great toy from the 70's but the cord is way too short to take diving.:wink:

it's -ve, so it's a tiny bit easier to manage.

w/ as pistol grip, you spend a bit more effort managing the horizontal plane of the light. w/a lantern, it kinda hangs naturally pretty horizontal, so you just rotate the light to which direction you wish to point it at.

the light came w/a pistol grip.and the lantern handle was compliments fr my LDS.

like what Mo2 said - not enough night/dark dives to justify spending on a cannister (and no trust fund to splurge from because i really want one :( )

I went for the Lantern Grip.

#1 Reason? you hold a reel in the same had as your light......

Willer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom