UK Light Cannon handle poll

As a Light Cannon owner what grip do you prefer?

• I would prefer a pistol grip

Votes: 29 38.7%
  • I would prefer a lantern grip

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I would prefer not to get a Light Cannon

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • I have no hands, I prefer a foot grip!

Votes: 10 13.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, you don't have to decide.

The light cannon's body has two grooves - one on the top and one on the bottom. These grooves are used to slide various things onto the body of the light. The grip is not permanently mounted onto the light. In my case, I slide my pistol grip into the groove and then tighten down the screw that is in the base of the pistol grip. If I wanted, I can untighten my pistol grip and then slide the lantern grip in.

One of my dive partners uses a pair of HID light cannons on his camera - they have a mounting system on the camera where he just slides the lights onto the mount and tightens down a wing nut. If he's not using his camera he just slides a handle onto the light.

They are pretty darn cool - I called UK about this a few weeks ago and a handle costs all of like 6 bucks so it's not much at all.

I have a UK sunspot D8 and I love it, granted it does make using that hand impossible, I love having the amount of light it throws. The pistol grip makes it comfortable and easy to move. But I couldn't beat the price, FREE, I found it in 30 fsw

Personally I find the latern style grip more comfortable. The place I purchased it from gave me a choice of one or the other, not both and no complimentary handle :-(

I always like the idea of having a spare light attached to my head. That idea went out very quickly as a curious Barracuda charged one of my friends' flashlight and knocked it off his hand.
:idea:

i just got a D4 for FREE!!!!! with the pistol grip. didn't have an option of what grip, only model i got he rechargable one, you can always put regular battiries back in!!! i won this light as part of a fundraiser to help troubled teens, playin UNDERWATER MONOPOLY!!! so much fun!!!

I purchased both types of grips. One for my son and one for me. I have used both grips and prefer to use the lantern grip. I have claimed the lantern grip as "mine."

dnhill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom