UK Diving Spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I must try stony so I can be an official UK diver :wink: My housemates are learing to dive so I will be heading up there soon.

I live near Oxford/Reading. I'm sure I could get a bit further from the sea if I tried.

>>I live near Oxford/Reading. I'm sure I could get a bit further from the sea if I tried.<<
I only live a half mile from the sea. But the viz is so bad that it can't be dived... except on rare occassions. Imagine how frustrating that is!

:snorkel:

I have done three UK dives since certifying in the Bahamas, Stony cove, Alton water (very very murky) and weybourne in Norfolk for my first dive in uk seas, there was a very strong current but I loved it, should be going to Swanage with my dive club bank holiday weekend. I love diving here as much as the Bahamas. No I am not mad, well maybe just a liitle

Has anyone here dived at Carnforth? I hear really mixed views about it but am quite intrigued by the idea of a playground designed for divers.

Booga

when you say playground how do you mean ?
where abouts is Carnforth?
is it the same kinda idea as stonycove ?
which by the way i was at on sunday went down the pit for the first time froze my ass off my dry suit is in for repair so i was in a semi dry 18 degre water lovely till u go down the pit in the space of 1 meter it went pitch black and shot down to 8 degres :eek:

Where's you at boys? Me and the Scubababy are near Grays and she has family nr Colchester

Gonna be getting my new Northern Diver Dry Suit in two weeks, for my first dive in two years. Stoney Cove hear I come again.

Builderbloke , the dive site you dived off Selsey is actually called the Mixon Hole. It used to be a Roman fortress. I used to manage a dive centre nr Selsey, and the Mixon was a fave of every one. Did you see the huge cannon balls?

hi Belushi i havent dived the mixen hole yet im doing that this satuday hopefully. its about 35 meters

the whirlpool hole is a bit further out not to far from boulders bouy but only has a bottom of 24 meters

the cannon balls you spoke of were actualy shot for a weapon called a trebuchet kinda like a giant cattapult .

I am diving in the warm currents of the Gulf Stream that gently wash the sun kissed shores of Western Scotland, its was a barmy 9C at 20 metres last week. I must say we have been having some unseasonable hot weather lately.:D

poor old budgy thats cold m8 you should come down south i had 20 degres on sunday at 25 m just out of selsea

Back
Top Bottom