UK Diving Spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

booga_roo asked about diving at Carnforth. The quarry is actually at Capenwray and I have dived there a couple of times doing my OW training. You might like to check out their
Website

:)

Sorry to double post but I forgot to answer the OP. I went to Seahouses over the bank holiday weekend and did some dives off the Farne Islands (not as many as we hoped because the tides were wrong - slack water at around 3pm). The water was clear on Saturday with viz about 10-20m at 30m, lots of sea life (and lots of divers - about 60 on one wreck!). I would recommend it if you get the chance.

:)

Hey,

have you looked into joining a local club (for local people)?

Your local shop, 'Adventures in diving' runs a club and they do regular trips to the south coast and I've seen them up at Stoney Cove. May be worth thinking about??

They have a web site - Adventures in diving

HTH

Mark

Spookily enough, my husband and I both joined the Adventures in Diving club, Wet Wrecks, yesterday evening!

They seem like a nice crowd and there was a very interesting talk on air consumption. You're right, they run novice trips to the South coast - I am trying to persuade hubby to go, as he is even less keen on the cold than me! I might just be able to squeeze one trip in before the new semester starts.. here's hoping.

cheers
Rosie

p.s. They have lots of precious things in the shop, too!

Adventures in Diving is where I bought my Dry suit and Abby bought her new wetsuit. They seem very professional and genuinely nice people.

Scary very tenuous link.

The current owners of Adventures in Diving bought the dive shop from a guy called Steve Pryor.
Steve Pryor then went to work for Emperor Divers as a manager in Hurghada, Egypt
He left and I got his job.
He then went to work for Emperor Divers parent company Regal Dive Holidays. I spoke to him on a regular basis about guests and their holidays
He then did his Course Director Training course for PADI, and now is a Course Director for Adventures in Diving, where I met him again!

It seems me and Steve Pryor are destined to spend the rest of our diving lives in tandem!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom