UK D8 batteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crispix

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just took my new UK D8 on a couple dives. Wow! What a difference! I'm digging it, even if the thing is a beast to carry.

Right now I have regular alkaline D batteries in it. I see the NiCad conversion kit available for over $150, or I can go out and buy some Nimh D rechargeables for under $50.

Am I correct that this is a no-brainer? I should just buy some D-size rechargeables and a charger, right? I see that the UK conversion kit comes with a brighter bulb, but frankly I think the light is plenty bright already. Appreciate any input. Thanks!

If I'm correct rechargable D cells have a lower voltage than regular Dcell batteries 1.2 vs. 1.5v. Multiply that difference by the number of cells and you will get a significant difference. 9.6v vs. 12v. My guess would be that their rechargable pack is 12v but I can't find the specs on their website. just something to think about

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom